Chapter 26

"Can I ask why you dragged me out?" Steve asks.

"Because I wanted us to get some ice cream," I answer. It was actually because I wanted us to have some quality time before my....leaving.

"Umm....ok...." he trails. I stop at a small ice cream cart and turn to Steve.

"Vanilla," he says, already knowing the question.

"That's so white of you," I comment while staring at him.

"A lot of people like vanilla oKAY?" He responds. I turn to the guy and pay for my favorite flavor and vanilla.

"Wanna sit down?" Steve asks as we eat our respective ice cream. I nod and we take a seat on a bench that had a beautiful lake view.

"You seem very pale," He says as he observes me.

"Can we just enjoy our ice cream and have you not worry about me?" I question. Yes Steve was caring but that man noticed way too much shit. I'm dying tomorrow Steve, I think I'm going to be pale before the day I die.

"Sorry...."he mumbles and looks away.

"It's fine. Yes I'm pale ...it's because I'm ...I'm on my period," I lie.

"Ah okay ...is this why we're getting ice cream?" Steve asks. I nod and try to forget the previous 20 seconds of my life.

"You have everything you need at the tower?" He asks. Can you shUT UP?

"Yeah, Pepper gave me what I needed," I tell him. He nods and looks ahead at the lake in front of us. I turn my view to it as well and finish up the ice cream.

"Feels nice...." Steve comments after a while.

"What does?" I ask, already knowing what was.

"To be away from people," he sighs with contentment.

"Yeah but then you're left alone to think which can also be bad," I mumble.

"True but at least you don't have an annoying asshole like Tony around to ruin your mood even more," Steve jokes.

"You're too harsh," I say with a laugh, "Tony isn't as bad as you make him."

"He's super egotistical and annoying"

"Yeah but he's also very caring," I tell him.

"I find it hard to believe that Pepper is his soulmate. Oof what a burden," Steve says sadly, causing me to punch his shoulder

"Steve he's a good man ...better than you, that's for sure," I scoff and get up to head back to the tower.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" Steve yells, jumping to his feet.

"He's a better man than you!" I yell back. His eyebrows furrowed as he glared at me. It wasn't a harsh glare but one that had a hint of playfulness to it.

"Steve no I just had ice cream," I say as he gets into a running stance.

"No it's because you're too slow and you know I'm gonna catch you," he shoots back.

"Oh yeah?!" I yell.

"Yeah!" He yells back. We were like 4 feet apart but still yelling. Why? I have no idea....

"Well then, Thor's hotter than you and I'm sure even Clint has a better dick than yours!" I snap at him. His mouth dropped open and I flicked him off right before I ran.

"Come back here!" Steve growls as I hear his steps towards me. Running and Ice cream don't mix very well.

*mini mini Timeskip*