Chapter 12

"Lo-ki!" I gasp as I try to pry his hand off me. That love and joy in his eyes vanished and there was nothing. The forest had frozen over.

What was he doing? Didn't...didn't he care for me?! Love me?!

"You really are just a pathetic mortal! You think I'd ever love you! Especially when I'm so close to victory?!" He sneers. Thick vines wrap around his arms to break his grip off me but the vines were weak.

I was weak, my vision had black spots. Fury was right....I should've never fell. I did this to myself and now I was going to die at the hands of my supposed soulmate.

"CLEAR!" A voice yells and barges down the door. Steve....

The others file in as Loki's copies fight and he continues to keep me in his death grip.

"Loki....this isn't you...." I gasp out over the fighting.

"Oh but this is! You were just so naïve and ready to fall in love it was absolutely perfect! I've had many mistresses before you (y/n), better ones, what makes you think I'd fall for a mewling quim like you?" He asks, a psychotic grin set on his face. I felt a tear slide down my cheek and my vision blacked.

*Timeskip*

Where the fuck was I? Oh my room....my helicarrier room. I get up and quickly unbutton my blouse to reveal the love marks.

So it was real....

"You've never cried since your parents died and you will not cry over a guy now!" I tell myself as I felt tears pool into my eyes. I harshly button it up again and notice the other marks....where his grip was; the marks his fingers left clearly showed on my skin.

"Don't cry you weak ass bitch," I tell myself as I sit down on the bed.

"Knock knock," I hear a voice say. I look up and see Natasha.

"Who's there?" I ask in a small voice.

"Natasha," she says with a small smile.

"Natasha who?" I ask.

"Natasha IBroughtIceCream," She says and raises the two spoons and tub.

"I don't want any," I say with a wave of my hand.

"Well then we can at least talk about it," she sighs, setting the items in the table and sitting next to me.

"There's nothing to talk about Nat," I tell her.

"Ok then I think you should at least thank me you're in this room and not at the infirmary. Thank me that I saw those hickeys in time to lie about you just fainting from excessive use of powers so no one else would see," she exclaims. Shit she saw them...

"I guess there is something to talk about...?" I say nervously.

"Damn right," she mumbles. I sigh and think about where to start. Even though she was an agent, Natasha never let Shield know anything that I didn't want them to know.

*Itty Bitty Timeskip*

"....and now I'm here," I end with a jagged sigh. I told myself I wouldn't cry but I was on the verge to, there was huge lump in my throat and I didn't know how much longer I could keep these tears in.

"I'm going to kill that fucking son of a bitch. But (y/n) honestly I'd say you should've been careful but he's your soulmate. Falling for him was already planned in fate. Just answer me this....do you love him?" She asks. Did I...? After what he did? I nod as the first hot drop of tear cascades down my face.