His Laugh

Jack's POV

I see what Mariza was talking about now. Felix looks...terrible. It broke my heart to see how exhausted he was. He keeps spacing out while I talk to him. I had made us tea and asked if we could sit and chat. But now I'm thinking I should go and find a hotel. At least for today. He looks like he needs to sleep. Then again, what if he needs the company? I'd be more than happy to stay as long as he needed me to. Ugh. I don't know what to do. I need to stop making small talk and get to the bottom of things.

"Tell me, Felix," I said setting my mug down. The sound of dense glass hitting wood seemed to bring his attention back over to me. "What's been going on?" I asked in a soft tone. I wanted to be careful not to sound accusing. I wasn't here to interrogate him. Or blame him for ghosting us. I just wanted to know what was going on with my best friend.

"Um..." He chewed at his bottom lip and his leg started to bounce.

I placed a hand over his. "It's okay" I whispered. "Just tell me what's on your mind".

He shook his head. "I don't know" he finally said "I don't know what's wrong with me, Sean. I'm just tired all the time. Nothing I do makes me happy. My videos are shit, and I f-feel so alone-" his voice started to quiver as his eyes watered. His other hand made its way to his hair. I noticed him pulling at it and his leg started to bounce even more. "And I'm scared" he cried.

"Felix" I gently took his hand and guided it away from his hair and closer to me. I could hear his breathing becoming heavier and faster than normal. "Felix, look at me". His fearful yet beautiful blue eyes met mine. "Just breath, okay? What do you need right now?" I asked. He just shook his head unable to speak. "Do you need a hug?" I asked. He nodded. "Okay, come here buddy" I whispered. He came closer and buried his face in my sweater as I wrapped my arms around him and rubbed his back. "You're okay" I soothed. "I promise you're safe. I've got ya. Take some deep breaths".

I felt his body rise and fall as he focused on slowing his breathing. His breaths came out shaky and his tears soaked my sweater. I didn't care about that though. I just wanted him to be okay. I continued to whisper soothing things to him and encouraged him to breathe for the next few minutes. And before I knew it, he was fast asleep on me.

I didn't dare wake him. He just looked so peaceful. He probably needed the rest anyway. I couldn't help but run my fingers through his hair as he slept on my chest. I had to admit, he was a pretty cute sleeper.

Just then my phone dinged. I pulled it out of my back pocket and checked the notification. It was Mark checking in.

Markimoo: Hey! How was the flight? Felix okay?

I turned the screen brightness down and did my best not to move too much while I texted him back.

Jackiboi: It was okay, slept through most of it. And tbh with you...not so good. He just had a panic attack after I asked him what's been going on.

Markimoo: awe man. This isn't like him at all.

Jackiboi: Yeah. And he doesn't look like he's been taking care of himself either. I'm really worried about him Mark.

Markimoo: Hey, he'll be alright. He's got you after all.

Jackiboi: thx. I'm gonna do my best to help him.

Markimoo: we all will. Get him to answer his phone!

Jackiboi: I'll try

Markimoo: okay. I gtg for now but I'll check in with you guys later.

Jackiboi: Okie

I put my phone aside and managed to reach a blanket hanging off the couch. After covering us up I layed my head back and closed my eyes. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep. Having Felix in my arms had to be the most comforting thing I've ever felt.

-

Felix's POV

"Sean?" I called out through the dark house. At least, I think it was my house. It looked like it anyway. But at the same time, there was a rather strange chill and a sense of fear in the air. The kind of fear you get when you're lost in the woods without even the slightest bit of moonlight to light your wandering path. I walked through the house much slower than I wanted to. It felt as though I was trying to push through water.

"You're fucking worthless!" a loud voice echoed off the walls.

I looked around frantically but not a single person was In sight. "Who's there?!" I called out.

"Look at you. You're pathetic!" Another voice hissed.

I could hear my heart pounding in my ears. "Stop!" I cried.

"They'd all be better out without you!"

"You're nothing but a failure!"

"Why don't you just KILL yourself?!"

I put my hands over my ears as tears pooled out of me. "STOP IT!"

Jack's POV

I felt someone stiring around on top of me and opened my eyes to see Felix crying and twitching in his sleep. I wrapped my arms around him and shook his shoulder. "Hey, Felix, wake up buddy" I said eager for him to be pulled out of his nightmare.

His eyes shot open and he gasped. He tried to get up but I hugged him tighter. "It's okay, it's just me" I spoke softly. He looked at me with tears in his eyes and hugged me tight. "It's alright. You're safe" I whispered while rubbing his back. We stayed that way for a while before he spoke.

"I'm sorry" he sniffled.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked. My fingers found their way to his hair again.

He shook his head. "I'm such a fucking mess. I don't mean to be such a big crybaby. I just..."

"Felix," I said pulling him away from my chest. I wiped the tears off his face with my sleeves. "Don't ever apologize for being human. You're going through a tough time right now, and thats okay. I promise".

A few more tears escaped him as he smiled softly. "Thank you, Sean" He whispered.

"Of course, Fee. I'm always here for ya". I ruffled his hair, earning a bigger smile from him. Fuck I missed his smile. My heart's going to melt when I hear him laugh again.

"Shit-" Felix said looking like he suddenly realized something. "Did I fall asleep on you?"

"Yeah" I giggled. "No worries. You're snoring was lovely to listen to".

"I do not snore!" He said crossing his arms.

"Yes, you do!" I laughed. "It sounds like a train, full of giant pigs!" I then proceeded to snore loudly.

"Well at least I don't sound like a Rooster! Top, Top, Top of the morning to ya laddies!" He screeched.

I laughed until my sides hurt. "You know I don't do my Intros like that anymore!"

"Yeah, probably cuz you knew that you sounded like a Rooster!"

"Shut up you Sweedish bitch!"

"Make me ya fucking Irish fuckhead!"

I tackled him down onto the couch and we proceeded to restle. He poked my sides and I broke into a fit of giggles. He too finally laughed.
And I was right. My heart melted.