Promise

Sean's POV

When I woke up just a few hours later with Felix on my chest, I smiled to myself. Having him this close to me felt like the best thing in the world. I've never felt cozier than when I'm in his warm embrace.

The TV was still on, and still remained as background noise while I played out my newest habit of playing with Felix's hair. It was just so soft.
I heard a small groan escape Felix, then he stired awake. He picked his head up and looked around, drool covering his cheek. He then looked up at me when I started to chuckle.

"Hey sleepy head" I sang.

"Hi" he said back with a smile.

I realized my hand still hadn't left his hair. He noticed too. "Oh, Sorry" I said pulling my hand away.

"No, no, it's okay" he replied. "I liked it".  I smiled and ruffled his hair. "Aye!" He laughed trying to swat my hand away. But he couldn't really see behind the bangs that were now in his eyes. "You little shit!" He laughed and got closer to me to mess up my hair.

"No!" I giggled. "My luscious locks!"

"Luscious my ass ya frikin potato sack!"

"Aye, there's nothing wrong with potatos you dirty bitch!"

"You're the dirty bitch here! I outta teach you a lesson you absolute whore-"

"Uhh, am I interrupting something?"

We both looked to where the voice was coming from. It was Mariza.

"Heeyyy Mariza" I said sheepishly. I can't imagine what this must look like to her right now. Felix on top of me, on the couch, our hair messed up, and him calling me a dirty bitch and a whore. I felt my cheeks heat up and quickly sat up while backing away from Felix. "This isn't what it looks like".

Mariza just smirked. "Uh-huh, sure it isn't".

"C-can we help you with something?" Felix squeaked out.

"I came to walk Edgar?" She said. "I did knock but...it looks like you two were a little busy".

"Edgar!" Felix shouted through the house. "Time for walkies!"

"So how did you two decide who would be top?" Mariza asked.

"EdGaR!!!"

"Also, who made the first move?"

"EDGAR!!!"

"It's about time you two finally-"

"THERE YOU ARE EDGAR!" Felix shouted over her as the pug finally scurried over. "Good boy, now go with Mariza!"

"Wait-" Mariza said. But Felix was already attaching Edgar to the leash she was holding. "I wanna ask one more thing!"

"Goodbye, see ya later!" Felix said shoving her out the door. She turned back around to say something, but before she could get a word out Felix swung the door shut.

He turned back around and we met eyes. At first neither of us said anything. Then Felix snickered, I started to giggle, and then we were both laughing hysterically.

"Oops" I said with a cheeky grin. "Guess the cats out of the bag" I joked.

"Yeah" Felix sighed dramatically. "She was bound to find out sooner or later". I giggled again and shook my head. When I looked back up Felix was smiling sweetly at me. "Hey Sean?"

"Ya Fe?"

"I'm glad you're here"

I smiled. "Me too".