Meet Thunderpants , supreme lord of turning daughters into pine trees

•••••••••••• 4.5 Years later ••••••••••••••••
Perseus

6 Year Old Percy Jackson decided he did not like maths at all. He had been diagnosed with a mild case of dyslexia and ADHD a couple of years back and while regular English wasn't that hard for him to read , cursive fonts and mathematical symbols were almost impossible , and the letters seemed to float of the page as he was reading , giving him the world's worst 3D experience. Another thing that was hard for him was concentration, his mind seemed to rush with things happening all around which would have been helpful had he been a spy or something , but as a 6 year old learning maths ? It was terrible. The only time he could concentrate was at night , under the light of the moon...He felt peaceful then , like nothing could hurt him .Sadly , the tutor , for some reason just looked at him strangely when he asked if he could learn maths around midnight. Add to that the monster attacks once every few weeks , the bullying by the older boys in the orphanage due to him talking about aforementioned monster attacks which somehow (even in broad daylight) , no one other than him could see . He had once , a few weeks ago  seen a lady with red eyes and a bronze leg ! And the idiotic boys had been gushing about how pretty she was . He just felt like he was missing something , a part of himself that didn't belong with these boys . Mrs Abel was a nice woman , all things considered, but even she dud not believe Percy when he told her that the scratches on his arm and back had been from a giant bird with a golden beak , not because he was climbing the wired fence surrounding the office building outside . He agreed his tale seemed outlandish, yes , but these things were real! Somehow , they were real and were attacking him . He had asked about the name Artemis and learnt that his mother had apparently been named after a virgin goddess of archery , who was a twin of the god of the Sun , Apollo. He had smiled at that ...Greek mythology was something he was very interested in and had read up on , not just for fun , but because most of the invisible monsters seemed to be mentioned in those books. These were the thoughts rushing through his mind as he stood at the gate to the orphanage at well past midnight with his bag on his back and the stolen key in his hand. He had decided he couldn't stay here , the monsters had been coming more and more frequently , and his arm was covered in scratches from them. He decided to go towards the city , New York . He had gone there once on a field trip from the orphanage , but not seen much . He decided someone there might know about why seemingly invisible monsters chose to attack only him . He had his sword in the bag , the sword also seemed to be invisible to others and they thought it was a metal ruler. He unlocked the door and went outside , alone , for the first time in his life.

(2 weeks later)
Percy rushed across the abandoned road and crashed into the only person who was standing there , but the thing that seemed odd to Percy was that he had been sure that the man had been quite far off when he had looked up , and was now right in front of him and looking straight at him .

//  a few hours ago //
It had been going so well. Almost two weeks had passed and the only thing that had attacked Percy had been some flying creature that might have been a harpy , but of course his luck had to turn at some point . It was almost dark and he decided to rest before continuing tomorrow morning , but before he had even brought out his sleeping bag , he heard four clear growls nearby . He got up and looked up and saw four huge dogs (like big as a car huge!) with red eyes . He mentally freaked out , red eyes were never good news . he couldn't kill all of them with his sword so he chose the other option. Run .
After running for almost an hour , he was beginning to get tired , he was fast , faster than most people , and stronger than other boys his age , but he couldn't run  for an hour and not get tired . Seeing one of the dog-monsters ahead of the rest , he knew he had to take this chance . He took out the sword , aimed and directly threw it towards the monster's chest like a boomerang . It wasn't how a sword was supposed to be used , but it did the job , dissolving the monster into shadows . However , his break was cut short by the sight of the three other dogs coming into his line of sight . He started running through the road , no one was here at this time ... there was one man , quite far off ... maybe they would at least see the monsters as some sort of animal and help him ?

//Now//

The man stared at him and muttered in thought "Silver eyes ? But she wouldn't do that... would've told me ... but how... so young.. what.." Looking up at him again he asked " What's your name , young one ? And what're you doing out on the road chased by three hellhounds ? " At this , Percy's heart leaped. HELLHOUNDS?! Wait.. that meant.. this man..." Sir , my name is Perseus and I have to ask , can you see those monsters ? I ran away from an orphanage because monsters kept attacking me but no one could see them ."
The man  nodded , as if this answer was familiar to him and said " I see and don't you know anything about your parents ? "
" I have no idea who my father is , but when I was very young I remember a woman dressed in silver saying that my mother's name was Artemis and that she was sorry she couldn't raise me" , Percy replied . The man's eyes had widened at his mother's name but he nodded again.." I thought that might be it ... Well , Percy, I'm pretty sure you're my grandson but I would officially like to adopt you as my own . What do you say ? "
" My name is Zeus, in case you were wondering. I'm the king of the gods and gid of the sky . Yes , gods exist and yes , your mother was the real Artemis , goddess of the moon. "