𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒 hates.. well, everything, especially demigods born of a broken oath.

"𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒰𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹 𝒾𝓈 𝒸𝒶𝓁𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔, 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒰𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹 𝒾𝓈 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 , 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒰𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹 𝒾𝓈 𝒸𝒶𝓁𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔 .. 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊 .. 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊 .." - Hollow Souls , Dan and Adam Skinner .

••••••••••
PERCY

I didn't want to brag , but defeating the hellhounds was easy .
Explaining who I was to Luke and Thalia was harder.
Luke , who was apparently a son of Hermes, patron of travellers , managed to make the car go faster than what should have been possible . That, and the car's self driving, left me free to shoot the red-eyed dogs as I rode shotgun . Hal , who was probably traumatized after his overlong imprisonment stayed silent and still mostly except for killing a particularly large hellhound with a bronze knife, but Thalia called down lightning bolts a few times , aiding me in getting rid of the monstrous dogs.
"Damn ,that was a lot of monsters at once ." Thalia said "Percy, do you guys usually have that many chase you?" "Not really ," I replied "Travelling outside of Camp is always dangerous but it's usually just a couple of hellhounds or cyclopes ..and if your luck is bad , you get to meet the stronger monsters like empousa or dracanae . I'm actually worried why there were so many.. as a daughter of Zeus your scent would be stronger , but monsters usually don't have that level of organisation to attack all at once ."
" Wait , so all those monsters was my fault ? Luke would have been fine without me ?" " No , it's not really like that ," I reassured her " any demigod gives off a scent that monsters can track , as a child of one of the strongest gods of Olympus,yours is just more potent. " Thalia grimaced ." Oh , so I stink more than usual. That's just awesome."
" Yeah well , only monsters can smell that ,so you're fine unless you plan on dating one ." I smirked " But come on , you were born with the ability to command the skies ...I think a bit of body odor is a fair tradeoff for that."
Thalia shuddered at that , for some reason "I'm fine with both feet on the ground ,thank you very much . But yeah , summoning lightning is cool , .. when I can do it and still have the energy to walk properly. " " Eh , you just need practice," I told her , " Once we get to camp , you can try summoning a few bolts to increase your endurance. That's how I learnt . " Thalia smiled , " Thanks , Percy. It's nice to have more people who understand. " " Yeah ", Luke joined in " I had a few mortal friends before I met Thals.. as soon as I tried to explain what I was , they'd all think it was so cool and wished they were demigods too.. didn't get what it meant to be perpetually on the run from monsters. " That sobered me up.. I remembered running from the monsters as a child , with no idea of what was going on. " I know how that feels ... before Zeus found me , I was on the streets too .. it's the worst when they can't even see what you're running from . " All three of us shared a sympathetic look at each other .
" Um , Perseus? " Halcyon cut in "Great emotional moment but I don't think now's a good time ." He pointed ahead of us where oh- Styx !
That wasn't good . Ahead of us , there were no cars on the highway. Which wouldn't have been bad in itself, but this was Interstate 95 in the afternoon..which meant that the Mist had acted preemptively to clear out the mortals and limit casualties. I could now see why .
The road had caved in front of us , forming a hellish pit lit with red fire from below . Unearthly shrieks came out of the pit as I mentally urged the car to find a way to get across. "Um , guys .." Thalia pointed and I saw that something was coming out of it ... something with horns . When I saw what it was , I groaned . "Remember when I said you met stronger monsters if you had bad luck ? " Thalia and Luke nodded. "Yeah well , sometimes your luck is terrible, and then you get to meet monsters like the legendary Minotaur , son of Pasiphae. " Hal muttered " You shouldn't use the names ..they attract atten-" " Oh , come on , Hal ! " The lack of common sense with some demigods irked me . "The thing's already here , and we're the only car around. It's already seen us , so it's better Thalia and Luke know what we're dealing with. "
I knew only one god who could open a portal from the Underworld.
I turned to Thalia " This wasn't about some monsters tracking and attacking you. It's about a guy ordering
the monsters to attack you . " She looked shocked " But who could order monsters to -" " Your Uncle Dead."I told her. " It's probably because of that oath stuff .. I'll tell you once we get to camp."
Right... " You three stay in the car , you can get out if you see I'm in trouble . " They didn't look too happy , but nodded as I flew out to face the bull headed guy. It spotted me at once . I drew my bow and fired three arrows straight at its head , as the rest of its body was armoured . I cursed. The bull somehow jumped over the arrows . I called down a bolt of lightning which hit it's mark and the monster stumbled but still came closer to me . I drew my sword but the monster was faster and raised its first to punch me . Suddenly it grunted and fell down as I heard a thunk. A baseball bat fell to the ground , thrown by Luke with deadly accuracy . I thrust my sword into the monster as it slowly crumbled into yellow dust. "You looked like you were in trouble!" Luke hollered at me , smirking. "Thanks!" I nodded at him gratefully. I made my way back to the car , and Luke urged it ahead at full speed .
"Thank the gods there wasn't anything else," Luke muttered after we had driven for hours.
"Dude ..." I groaned at him " Rule #1 of demigod survival - don't be optimistic."
" What?" He and Thalia stared at me like I was crazy .
Hal and I weren't the slightest bit surprised when the car suddenly stopped and smoke rushed out of the engine .
The only good news that I didn't speak out loud , thank you very much was that we were almost at the Hill near Camp. The magical borders should protect us once we were inside .
"Get out of the car " I told the others. "We're almost there , we'll have to walk." As we started running towards Camp , skeletons popped up out of nowhere ... skeletons with weapons. Thalia and I called down as much lightning as we could . "Run!" Luke shouted . I wondered what had spooked him when I suddenly heard the flapping of wings . I turned and saw - Di immortales
He sent all three of the Kindly Ones ?
Hades must have really wanted Thalia Grace dead . Too bad I couldn't let that happen . With a prayer to Apollo I let loose three more arrows at the Hades' lieutenants but only one struck and disintegrated the monster . The other two screeched and flew towards me . "Three of you , go !" Thalia screamed , and I knew I couldn't let her do that. I'd have to protect them , not the other way around. "Thalia , Luke , Hal, don't worry . I'll be fine ." With those words I focused on the air around them and pushed them within the Camp's barriers. The two Furies were almost upon me . With a yell of " For Zeus! " I called another lightning bolt and hit one of them , and I knew that was my limit as the last Furies' fiery whip coiled around my body. I screamed in pain , it was burning, and I couldn't even think. Thunder shook the heavens and I thought I recognised my Father's voice as a blast of pure white lightning blinded me . The pain around my body lessened..I heard a familiar voice shout "Perce!" but I was already losing conciousness . Another female voice said "Not my only son..no.." as everything turned black.

•••••••••••••••••• ••••• ••••• ••••••••••• ••••••• •••••
"Athena, I do not see how that was my son's fault ." The goddess of wisdom glared at him . " My daughter was there , mere feet away from them , and the heroes abandoned her. " He frowned " Had you asked him , instead of relying on your deductions, I'm sure he would have tried his best . " Athena scoffed " Ha! They changed your daughter's fate , you know. She should have been the one to sacrifice herself. " That made my anger surface " You expect me to rebuke my son for saving my daughter's life? He acted as a hero should. Leave me. I must contact Apollo immediately. "
" Father , if I may " another stepped towards him as Athena left." What do you want ? " He growled out. "Only to help , Father. I .. regret .. my hasty decision.. I know he might never forgive me , but I'd like you to know , at least... you know we all make mistakes sometimes. and often those mistakes cannot be undone. "
He nodded.. He knew what she spoke of..He hoped the divine interference he had allowed hadn't been a mistake. He prayed that the Fates were kind to his son.

••••••••• ••••••••• •••••••• •••••••• •••••••• ••• ••••••••

Far away in an abandoned warehouse, a little girl with blonde hair went to sleep , hidden under a loading dock . She had hoped someone would help her ... someone would take the monsters away ...She resolved to do something. To matter to her mother. To prove she wasn't unwanted in the world .
Her dreams were ...odd . "What happened, my dear child ?" a voice asked in the darkness of her mind. Ever cautious she asked "Who are you?" "Your great-grandfather, dear child , I heard your desperation and only wanted to help.." The deep voice talked to her throughout the night , as if she were a friend . She woke up with a smile on her face the next morning.

→→→→→→→→→→→→→Ω→→→→→→→→→→→→→→

( A/N : DONE ! Updates will slow down , soon , so enjoy this , at least..hope you guys aren't too dissatisfied with my writing ..bye ! )