Apollo's Sun Band - Inception

••••••••••• 5 years later •••••••••••
Perseus
"Of course you're going to have dead bodies.. How could you not ? " Apollo began , for possibly the 50000th time , telling me his obsession with returning dead bodies. " I know Achilles is probably someone you look up to , but come on ! he dragged that body around for days! Its disgusting! And don't even get me started on Oliver Cromwell's corpse..." "Please don't ", I replied hurriedly, I had heard his detailed account of the crimes committed against Cromwell's corpse and did not want to listen to the disturbing details he shared once more. Despite everything, however , these last five years had been wonderful! I'll admit, When I had accepted Zeus' offer about adoption , I hadn't been thinking very clearly , and had felt overwhelmed when the process had been completed , but with Apollo's training and well , teaching me of stuff , I had found someone to talk to - A friend , if that even makes sense ... he was a God , after all ... Still , I knew he cared for me , otherwise we wouldn't be here in the middle of the woods at night , of all things practising archery . Being the biological son of Artemis , I had a natural talent for it , but even with talent , hardwork and proper training are always required. Now , he was teaching me how to properly find my target even in the dark .
"Focus with your dominant eye , seek out any movement , you are a demigod, use your battlefield reflexes .." Apollo told me , "Wide stance , Full draw , then you let fly."
I did so , the arrow hitting just above the bullseye. Surprisingly , I was better at swordfighting than I was at archery . (My cousin / adoptive sister) Athena herself had said that with proper training I could be the best swordsman among morts in a few years , Father had also given me a very special gift on my 11th birthday...A gold ring , that , when twisted , could form four different weapons! Till now , I had tried the bow and arrow , spear , dagger and sword .
The cool thing was that the quiver that came with the bow never ran out of arrows .
Suddenly , beside me Apollo tensed and said , "Perce , get behind me"... I did as he asked but was worried , if something had Apollo this spooked , I did not want to meet it ... Silently , I prayed to Zeus
"Lord Zeus , father , Apollo is spooked at something, can you please keep an eye on us? Thanks .. "
Suddenly a clear hunting horn echoed through the forest and I understood why exactly Apollo was worried . He had told me about why my biological mother abandoned me and how she always went about forest with her band of immortal hunters. And that horn , clearly , was theirs. I really did not want to meet the mother that had abandoned me as a child , especially when , even as a goddess, there were ways to at least keep me with my mortal parent or even keep me with her , as she was exempt from most ancient laws about association with mortals. "Keep quiet , I'll handle this ", Apollo told me . "Thanks... I don't want to meet her .." I replied . he gave me a small smile and nodded , "Got it.. don't worry" ..
Two figures clad in silver walked out inti the forest clearing , the figure on the left had the silver circlet that signified her as the lieutenant of Artemis , and beside her , was the goddess herself in her twelve year old form.
(A/N here italics is Artemis and normal is Apollo as I don't want to wrote who said what throughout)
"Apollo , what exactly are you doing with my son ?
Your son , whom you abandoned, if I'm not wrong is being trained by me . I have blessed him and he is under my protection .
Excuse me ? How dare you bless my son ?! I did not even tell you about him , I wanted him away from this world .
He is a demigod with the blood of Zeus in his veins , this is his world , sister .
No. Absolutely not. You will not taint him with your vile ideals . "
Artemis drew her bow , and this time I got scared for Apollo." Move "Artemis said and came towards me .. I walked out from behind Apollo and decided to tell her exactly what I thought .
"Mother , you might have wanted what you thought best for me , but it was wishful thinking. Monsters attacked me when I was two years old ! The mortals thought I was crazy and I was miserable where you left me , abd had it not been for my chance encounter with Lord Zeus , who along with Lady Hera has now adopted me , I would quite probably be dead. " Artemis' eyes widened and she was about to say something when thunder rolled across the sky and I smiled knowing father had been watching. " Zeus ... but how? " Artemis seemed at a loss of words , but I decided I did not want to stay here with her any longer . "Apollo, can we leave ? I don't want to stay here anymore.." "Yeah , sure , Perce .. take my hand " Apollo smiled at me and we flashed to the building (with a pool and a Archery range) Apollo had bought under the name Fred Jackson , my older brother. "Gotta say , Percy, you did great standing up to her ... she's probably whining to dad right now .." "Probably, but I know Father is not someone who will go back on his word , and even if he does , Lady Hera won't agree with him .." Apollo nodded , "Yeah , you're right , now go sleep, ok ? We'll practice in a few days again.. " I went to sleep , but was troubled with thoughts of my biological mother.

••••••••••• 1 week later ••••••••••
"No I'm not , Perce."
"Yes you are."
"I'm not!"
"It's fine , admit it , I won't judge you"
" But I'm not. "
" We both know you are . "
" Ok fine.... I am sad , I admit it .. me , the great and awesome Apollo , I'm sad. happy ? "
" Hmm... anything I can do ? What happened? "
" Nothing... its what will happen that I'm sad about .. "
" Oh... something in the future ? But what will happen that worries you ? Something amongst the gods?"
" No .... Its actually a demigod , one of my sons, he's ten years old and his mother asked him to go to camp half blood to avoid monsters ... He's going to be overrun by HELLHOUNDS in three days..knowing the future, yet not being able to change it due to Ancient Laws ... Its a curse , Perseus..not a gift ."
I was shocked...One of Apollo's children were going to die in three days. And he knew about it , yet could not do anything...I could not even begin to understand the pain something like that might cause..
"Uh , couldn't you ask some other god to help ? I mean , your sister rescues female demigods in danger , why can't someone do the same for males ?" I asked Apollo .
" Its not that simple , Artemis blesses the girls that she rescues, this giving them some of her power and in return they swear themselves to her. Therefore, it's not strictly interference ..."
" Well , I'm not a god , remember? And I'm pretty sure I can handle a few hellhounds..So just tell me where Will is , I'll bring him here safely. Done?"
" I suppose that would be ok , but I can't raise or train him anyway without blessing him or something, and I can't just randomly bless one of my children.."
Then I had an idea..." What if they also swear themselves to you ? Then , we could have a few demigods like the hunters whom you could train ... and if Artemis can make magical tents and stuff , so can you....
And the Ancient Laws state that you cannot interfere with mortal affairs, but monsters are completely fair game.."
Apollo looked up with wide eyes , " That is brilliant! I'll start my own group , my children can be there too , but others also...I'll talk to father at once .. Pretty sure he'll agree if he hears you're the one who came up with the idea...Ok , what do we name my new boy band?"
" Uh.. Apollo's Band ?
Apollo muttered to himself for a few minutes, then straightened and said " Apollo's Sun Band! Perfect!"
" Hmm ...It has a nice ring to it .. All right , go talk to father , don't worry , I'll save Will anyway.."
" Thanks , Perce , you're a lifesaver, quite literally...This is going to be amazing ...I have so many ideas...I'm going to have to postpone my vacation to South Japan.."

~~~~~~~~~~~ Thoughts 💬💭?~~~~~~~~~

(A/N - "If I'm not the hero , if I'm not the lead , if I'm not De Niro , then I'll be the hero of the zeroes in a camouflage..")