No one's home , so I play God

Camp was fun. As much as I had enjoyed camping around with Lyra , Alex and the occasional visits from Apollo , it has never been anything large scale .. Apollo wanted to mostly keep us under the radar..And Olympus , well , it wasn't really a place mortals could enjoy ... Ambrosia-on-a-stick got boring fast when you had a daily limit of consuming it.
Camp , however ? It really looked like the perfect balance between modern mortals and the ancient Greek Gods. The architecture was all Greek-styled , an open-air pavilion, an amphitheatre, a circular arena - all brand new with shining columns .

I saw that a new orange t-shirt with the words "CAMP HALF BLOOD" had been laid out by my bed , and I immediately put it on - those t-shirts were famous in the mythological world! I almost purchased one from an antique relic seller on Olympus, but Apollo said that antique there actually meant that the t-shirt had been worn by a demigod who was now in the Underworld. My enthusiasm to own the shirt decreased understandably.
I prayed to my Father as I passed his statue on my way out "Dad, I know you have your kingly duties and all , but I'd love it if you could spare some time to just keep a watch over me .. I haven't really talked to this many people since I left the orphanage"
I knew most of the campers would have questions and while that would be awkward but manageable , there was a taboo about the Big Three (Zeus , Poseidon,Hades) kids and there might be some people who saw me as a threat or something..
Well , it was time to meet everyone, I suppose.. I got out of Cabin One and headed towards the big house . I almost didn't recognise Chiron at first , the immortal centaur was in a wheelchair on the porch, playing a card game with -oh! that was Dionysus, Father had never told me explicitly why he had been punished but Apollo said it wasn't anything serious, so I wasn't too worried. I wondered if I should call him brother or something..but god..so probably not.
"Ah , Perseus , my boy !" Chiron smiled and waved me over as I approached "Do come in , we'll have four for pinochle, Mr D just sent for one of the young satyrs . "
" Uh , hi ,Chiron " I replied , " And uh.. Lord Dionysus.. " The god looked looked at me , gave a derisive " Hmph! " and went back to shuffling the cards .
Chiron spoke up again "Due to your arrival so late last night , we couldn't properly introduce you to everyone, but I'm sure you'll enjoy this place ." "Yeah , definitely, I'm so happy to finally be at the famed Camp Half Blood" beside me Dionysus snorted again and pushed a chair towards me that definitely hadn't been there a second ago. " Thank you , Lord Dionysus ", I told him , bowing my head a little . His first cohesive words to me were "Mr D is fine", at my enquiring look he added "all the campers invoking my name all day tends to give me a headache so I decided on a nickname. " Well , that proves Apollo's lack of talent with nicknames was genetic.. Fred? really? Even Alex agreed there were better names he could have chosen .
Dionys-Mr D taught me how to bid , count and what a trick was in pinochle.. It seemed complicated but I tried to learn .
At that moment I saw a scrawny looking kid walking up towards us - completely human looking - except for the hooves. Chiron introduced us , "Perseus , this is Grover , one of the most promising young satyrs I've come across. His love for nature is truly unparalleled.." I immediately knew we would get along , due to Artemis' domains I felt an affinity towards nature as well .."Grover , This is Percy , adopted son of Zeus and under Apollo's patronage." The satyr stared at me dumbstruck for a few seconds and I decided to start the conversation "Hey ,Grover ,nice to meet you..call me Percy , by the way..Perseus was dad's millennia old son "
Grover managed a " Hi , Percy !" and after a few seconds asked " Is it true you're also a son of Artemis ?" " Unfortunately,yeah ..." I sighed and told him.."but I've only met her once properly and it was a terrible first impression , I assure you. Lord Zeus and Lady Hera are the ones I proudly acknowledge as my parents." Grover looked crestfallen at that , guess Apollo was right that satyrs had some sort of weird idolization of Artemis and her Hunters .. Chiron smiled to lighten the mood and teamed me up with Grover . Despite our best efforts Chiron and Mr D won , as Mr D dealt a royal marriage and reached 150 points. It was a lot of fun , regardless. "Show him around ,would you ?" Chiron asked Grover "and do inform the Ares Cabin to behave , Lord Zeus would be most displeased if James tried to initiate his claimed son." Grover looked spooked at the prospect of having to inform Cabin Five of something..I laughed and patted him lightly on the back " come on , G-man ,I'm sure it'll be fine."
Dionysus gave another snort .