Sunshine and Rainbows

(A/N - This and the next one or two chapters will probably be fillers before the main events start , I don't think I'll follow canon much , but still..)

"ᴬⁿᵈ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉˣᵗʳᵉᵐⁱᵗⁱᵉˢ ʷᵃˢ ˢᵗʳᵉᵗᶜʰᵉᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵖⁱⁿᵈˡᵉ ᵒᶠ ᴺᵉᶜᵉˢˢⁱᵗʸ, ᵗʰʳᵒᵘᵍʰ ʷʰⁱᶜʰ ᵃˡˡ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒʳᵇⁱᵗˢ ᵗᵘʳⁿᵉᵈ. ᴵᵗˢ ˢᵗᵃᶠᶠ ᵃⁿᵈ ⁱᵗˢ ʰᵒᵒᵏ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵈᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵃᵈᵃᵐᵃⁿᵗ, ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ʷʰᵒʳˡ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉˢᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ᵏⁱⁿᵈˢ ʷᵃˢ ᶜᵒᵐᵐⁱⁿᵍˡᵉᵈ." - Plato

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
OLYMPUS

She was not happy at all. She wasn't scared , either , of course.. She was the one who struck fear into others when she fought. But .. hesitancy and trepidation, yes... those emotions she did experience. Unfortunately for her , the two-faced god in front of her thrived on those feelings.
"Come on , come on , the clock's ticking!" The right head yelled at her . "Time doesn't stand still  ,you know ?" She did not appreciate the irony of that statement. Her intellectual prowess did not allow her to do so. Instead she spared a dismissive look towards the right face of the god , which failed to lower his enthusiasm. "Hey , we're just trying to help you.." the right face told her . "Help you betray your family , but yes... helping you , nevertheless." "The choice is all yours , my dear goddess!" The right head seemed very satisfied , having delivered his trademark line . She wished she could think up an appropriate insult for the infuriating immortal ." Choose wisely " , the left head sneered at her " As I'm sure you know neither the present or future kings will appreciate betrayal." The ominous warning made her finally snap. "Get out !" She thrust her hand forward and Janus was flung out of her palace by an unseen force . "I'll choose when I am sure of the outcome. Until then , the most I can do is help him with small favours , for which he should be grateful , incapacitated as he is."
She knew Janus would be back , but hoped that the options would be clearer later . Thalia Grace's survival changed everything. All her calculations would be rendered void , but she was sure of one thing. Her daughter being rescued by the demigods had been essential to Olympus' victory ... Now the young demigodess  would most likely perish , and Olympus should  lose. But it was uncertain. Perseus , Thalia and Luke were all able fighters.. could they actually change the tide ?
She decided to visit the goddess of crossroads later ..Unlike Janus , she actually showed what the possible outcomes would be like.
She closed her palace door and went inside.
∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

PERCY,  CAMP HALF BLOOD

I wondered why my dreams made no sense today... Usually Morpheus , the god of Dreams showed some select few demigods things they needed to see. Rarely , gods called upon demigods in dreams to talk to them . Very very rarely the Fates themselves allowed demigods to see the past or future .
What I saw was a bronze dagger lying on the ground ; I thought I recognised it from somewhere but I couldn't be sure . As I watched a small shadow fell over the dagger and someone picked it up. The dreamscape vanished . The next time I could recollect having a dream , I was in Father's palace on Olympus . Surprisingly , he was standing right in front of me. "Perseus" Father spoke , his voice rumbling around his kingdom even in a dream  "I could not be more proud of your actions. Truly. However ,you have expended too much of yourself, my son. I have allowed Apollo to heal you now , but I do not know if it will be enough." At his words the previous events came rushing back to me.. Passing out outside Hal's house , being chased by Hades'minions ....that Fury almost turning me into Percy-kebab with her whip .." Father , did you ...interfere ?" I almost didn't believe myself. Zeus never interfered in mortal quests. He despised it. Father shook his head "Officially? of course not. I was merely displeased that my son was so severely injured...the fact that the Fury Alecto was under the blast was purely coincidental." He spared me a small smile. "To you , however? I wanted you alive. Really. " That really warmed my heart . Lord Zeus was the King ..the impartial judge the entire Greek pantheon looked towards for guidance...being important to him , when I hadn't been anything to my own mother ..it was a big deal for me.
"No one's going to yell at you or anything,right ?" I asked Father ,just to be sure. "Poseidon will understand. Hades... he has reason to dislike me. I did something unforgivable in a haste . " I nodded, knowing gods weren't perfect. My mother was a perfect example of that. "I was surprised by Athena , actually. She was...uncharacteristically angry . Kept going on about some demigod of hers." "Oh , she's going to have to wait if she wants the Sun Band to do something.. I don't know when I'll be able to walk ,much less fight ." "Oh , no...it's about something you should have done ..her deductions are always convoluted. That , I understand and can forgive. After that , she had the audacity to question your loyalty to me ." I groaned. That was a trigger for Zeus.. he'd probably yelled at the unfortunate goddess for hours . Wonder if Thalia- wait..Thalia!
"Um , Father ? Have you checked in with Thalia ? How is she ? " Zeus said "she's fine ..calm down , son. She's just explained who she is to the Camp.. I have also claimed her , and would probably talk to her if she didn't hate me ." I tried to convince him to talk to Thalia ..." She hates you because she blames you for Jason's death . Tell her he's alive.. she'll understand. She was willing to sacrifice herself just to save me , Luke and Hal. She knows the importance of compromise. "
Zeus seemed indecisive, but nodded slowly. " Dad , " I called out " Promise me. Talk to her. "I told him as the dream faded . Waking up was the worst experience.  My entire body still ached from the burn of the Underworld whip . Again, I made sure to check that I was among friends and wasn't restricted in any way before opening my eyes. From what I could see , the white walls meant this was probably the Camp Half Blood infirmary . The faint rays of sunlight indicated dawn, so I had been out of it for the entire night , it seemed.  Mercifully , someone had thought of leaving a glass of nectar by my bedside . Since I didn't really have a preference among mortal food , nectar to me  always tasted like it did to the gods - a sweet liquid , a lot like honey , but better somehow. I could feel the intensity of the burns lessening as I downed the entire glass. I was about to close my eyes once more , when I sensed someone standing on my right . "Artemis", I stated staring at the goddess. She had settled for an older than usual look , for some reason...She almost looked like a mother . Of course , she was a mother, in truth ..just one who had chosen to abandon her infant son. "Did you want something , my Lady ?" She simply stated at me for a few seconds. "I suppose I cannot blame you for your hostility," she finally spoke ." My actions were...unjust ..I harmed you , and did not even realise it myself. My pride blinded me ..and I , a goddess of childbirth and protector of the young ,  abandoned a child just after his birth." Despite my anger towards her , I knew she was genuinely sorry. Didn't change anything, but I could feel falsehoods when they were spoken due to Apollo's domain of Truth. "I know an apology will not change your feelings , but I am sorry nevertheless. I wish I could make amends , but that is impossible now. " Her voice was softer than I'd ever heard from a goddess.. "Thank you for that , Lady Artemis. You are right , I think it's much too late for an apology , but it's nice to know you care. " She smiled "I always feel so proud when I see any of your achievements... though I know I can hardly take any credit for them , they still make me a proud mother. I could not bear it when I thought I might lose you forever last night ...And remember , Perseus, if you ever require assistance , as my son you shall always have it. I swear it on the River Styx." She left  in a faint silver glow just as the Underworld goddess acknowledged the vow upon Her waters with divine thunder . "Thank you , " I whispered to the vanishing moon in the sky above me "Mother."
The previous night's events had taken their toll on me , and extremely tired , I drifted back into a dreamless sleep.