The Princess of the Skies

☆꧁▄︻デ𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕘𝕠𝕕𝕤 𝕖𝕟𝕧𝕪 𝕦𝕤. 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕖𝕟𝕧𝕪 𝕦𝕤 𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕨𝕖 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕝, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕒𝕟𝕪 𝕞𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕞𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕓𝕖 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕝𝕒𝕤𝕥. ══━一꧂☆

THALIA

I was beginning to get tired of following the goat across Virginia. It had been three days. Unlike it , we were  mortal and couldn't just disappear and appear as shiny mist whenever we wanted . Luke was probably worried too , but he respected me enough to not ask questions. I knew that goat was sacred to my father , Zeus. Amaltheia had nursed him as a child on Mount Ida. The goat had also led me to Luke , right after I prayed to Zeus , for the first time ever in my life after I ran away from home. Luke had saved me from a number of sticky situations , and if he hadn't been there at that dragon's cave near Charleston, I'm pretty sure I'd be a goner by now . As we turned the corner we came to an intersection and there was Amaltheia - grazing at the base of a statue of some dude on horseback. "Hide!" I whispered to Luke. "It's just a goat ", he replied bewildered "Why-" I told him "it's special, one of my dad's sacred animals , named Amaltheia . "
" You've seen it before ? " he asked . I told him about Los Angeles, how it had guided me away from danger when I ran away - and to Luke when I needed his help. It was a testament to how much he trusted me that he followed me as I hid in some rosebushes and stared at the goat . "It appears when something powerful is about to happen - or dangerous", I told him. "It's a guide ... must be here for a reason." The goat's skin was glowing with mist and there were sparks of electricity throughout its body but the mortals didn't bat an eye . Whatever kept them from seeing the world as it really was must be hella powerful. Thank Go-well , Olympus, I suppose that we weren't tricked by it . I once had a nightmare of petting a cute puppy which was actually a hellhound. Ugh.
"Let's try to talk to it ", I told Luke , as I was pretty sure  sacred goats  don't wander around Richmond for no reason. He grumbled a bit but then conceded. I led him towards Amaltheia , who was still at the base of the statue - we must have been near wherever it was guiding us to - that was the longest I had ever seen the goat in one place . "Amaltheia", I spoke to it softly "did my dad send you ? Are you here to show me something?" The goat turned and looked at me with sad , amber eyes and nudged the base of the statue . The dude on horseback (some war general) raised his metallic right arm and I got a bit scared - those things were called automatons - they were really hard to fight. Fortunately, the statue didn't attack , it simply pointed with its right hand towards oh-shit ! That was a haunted house. Clearly. The red brick walls were overgrown with ivy and the windows were shuttered and dark . Even in the bright sunlight, the house looked creepy . "You want us to go there ?" Luke looked baffled too - I had no idea how that would help us .
Amaltheia did not reply . She simply stated at the sky as if waiting for something to happen. As of on cue , I felt something in my gut - it felt like the few times I had summoned lightning. As we watched , a bolt of lightning, stringer than anything I had ever summoned hit the house's top floor. I rushed towards it - wondering what happened, and barely registered Luke's screamed "Thalia!" Green flames had appeared out of nowhere , and was destroying the house as I watched ... there wasn't anything I could do. I heard a man's scream and tried to think what to do when two people flew out of the burning inferno house towards us. One was a teenage boy in an orange t-shirt with "Camp H...." something written on it , but the t-shirt was smouldering . The boy was unnaturally good-looking and his eyes were...unique , really. They reminded me of a forest at night under a full moon , green and serene . His iris was silver . I was almost about to ask him something when he swayed and fell to the ground , unconscious. I turned to the other older man , who was breathing heavily . He was wearing snakeskin and looked old... like sixty or something. I turned towards Amaltheia to see if she was waiting for this , but the dam goat had disappeared. "Ok , who are you , and what the hell was that ?" Luke asked the old man . He panted and said "Name's Halcyon Green. call me Hal. and this one's name is Perseus, i think he said. He saved my life but overextended his powers. Summoning that much lightning indoors... just wait , you'll get your answers . " Ok , they were certainly demigods. Mortal lives weren't this weird. This Perseus guy summoned lightning? As far as I knew , Zeus was the only god in the Greek pantheon with that power and Perseus didn't look anything like me. I wondered who he was .