Chapter 3.1

Sides of the same stone

Mornings were always the same for me. A morning workout routine mixed with the handmade breakfast I make myself, nothing changed when it came down to mornings each day even after transferring schools.

Lifestyle doesn't change much from home no matter where you go or end up. In my opinion, to realistically change my lifestyle in this is to not feed my body for at least another three more days. Knowing how the human body works, starving for that amount of time would undoubtedly cause me to go feral one way or another.

As usual, my morning went by without issue and I went to class as early as I did the day before.

By the time I got to the school complex, I would still be closed because of how early I went out so I took it upon myself to go and buy a drink at a nearby vending machine located at the side of the path.

"Nothing cold but something hot wouldn't be good either...."

This vending wasn't exactly like any you'd see outside of the Advanced Nurturing High School since it can somehow store both cold and hot drinks in the same machine. I assumed this was placed here in the hopes that some students would be able to get a drink early in the morning if they have not done so.

In the end I decided to get myself a warm can of coffee, this would make sure my eyes wouldn't automatically fall asleep the moment I found class boring. Coffee definitely isn't healthy but it's an amazing drink for the morning, sadly you can't drink it everyday.

"Look what we have here, I didn't think there would be yet another early bird this soon into the year."

"Hmm?"

My confused voice turned to the more intrigued one as I opened the can with a finger and drank the coffee with a small gulp.

I for one didn't expect anyone to come up this early either, I thought I was the only bastard who'd ever be crazy enough to do this believe it or not.

"Who might you be?"

"Watch your tongue when you speak to me. Ah that's right, you're that new transfer student aren't you? I can tell by your looks since they are identical with the picture within the letter I received regarding a transfer."

'Who is this guy, seriously?' I thought while squinting at the figure.

There wasn't much I could make out because my eyes were still adjusting to the light levels. The only thing I could identify were the glasses and clearly black hair that the man had, otherwise it'd be easi to spot a hair colour of any other kind.

I rubbed my eyes while holding down the can of coffee so I could see at least a little bit more clearly. What greeted my gaze chilled me to the bone, I wished I climbed into the school secretly upon seeing the man presented before me.

"S-senpai, I didn't know you were here."

Horikita Manabu, someone who is a year above me and is my so called 'destined rival'. I wasn't expecting to see the madlad in the flesh here at this level in the game.

Suffice to say, I was extremely shocked to see that my senpai wa where at this school but really I shouldn't be surprised at all. Someone of his high status should have been able to get into this school in the first place, still the shock hit me hard.

"I didn't think you would have the ability to transfer here after the incident, you have my condolences for what happened."

"..... Don't worry about it. Those two weren't the best parents anyway."

Senpai's parents and mine were especially close, our dads were apperantly friends since childhood. It was natural the news of my parents's deaths would reach the ears of senpai's parents, senpai here must have taken a listen out of interest.

"Ahem, let's move on from that topic now. Try not lecture me on shit right now..... it's way too early in the morning for that- kkhhhh!!!"

As I spoke, the side of my head was smashed by the sole of a shoe, causing my head to nearly come off as I almost plumet to the floor.

Gathering all my strength to my upper body, my bloodshot eyes glared at senpai as I began to slowly push back his foot with the head he just kicked.

"Attacking while I was distracting talking about my family......cheesy method asshole....."

"You're on your own now, I want to see if you can still handle yourself in a fight even with the death of your parents hanging on your shoulder."

"Alright, alright.....I told you not to give me a lecture!"

With a frustrated glare, I managed to push his foot away before charging up a swift overhead right hook straight into senpai's face.

The amount of force I placed behind that punch was more than enough to cause senpai to stagger back into a defensive stance but I made sure there wouldn't be enough force for a bruise either. If senpai was caught with a bruise afterwards he's probably use it against me, though for how fair he is in fights sometimes I doubt he would. Better safe than sorry even if what we're doing was definitely against school rules already.

"You seem to have still gotten the touch on combat....you've also gotten much better since last time we fought. Well, how did he do?"

"Huh?"

While rubbing the side of my head, I turned towards the direction senpai looked in to see Nee-san and one other person watching from the shadows.

My glare immediately subsided the moment I saw Nee-san so I could collect my thoughts and keep up appearances. The two people began to walk towards me with the person beside Nee-san, an older man, clapped his hands in amusement.

"Wonderful, absolutely wonderful work Horikita. I expected nothing less of the student council president, you did amazing as well Satoru. To think you could take Horikita's kick like that and still have the strength to stand."

"What? Huh? Student council president? Wait hold on, Nee-san explain to me everything that's going on."

"Sigh.......you should ask the director Sakayanagi about it, I'd rather him explain everything than me."

I turned my curious gaze to senpai who was making sure he didn't have a bruise on his face before turning my head back to the man who was apperantly the director of the school, in other words the headmaster....

I've been enough situations to know where this was going but it begged the question, what did he need me for?

"I will get straight to the point right now, we will explain all the details in my office later. To put it simply, I want you, Chabashira Satoru, to become the bodyguard of my daughter."

".....Ex-fucking-cuse me? Chotto fucking matte......."