Chapter 3.3

Sides of the same stone

It wouldn't be a stretch to say being different is a curse.

People with natural talent are defective, the more someone knows how to do something just because they're gifted the more they'll begin to lose themselves. The gifted are shown a doorway to divinity while the ungifted rot under their feet.

There's a limit to everyone, there are certain things a person can't do but their friend can. It's a curse to be different, that's why humans try to adjust into society. It's the easiest way to live.

By living like an average man in society people won't get in your way and flame you with lectures on how to be 'normal'. They've never considered what they're doing us the exact same as what you've been doing this entire time, they're trying to be normal but are clearly failing at it.

People tend to forget one thing, that everyone is in fact human. Just because they have nobility on their side or are literally the government, they think they're on a higher position than those on the floor licking their shoes. Bring the president onto an island and tell him to survive their himself for about a month, most people would die right there.

It's the same here at the Advanced Nurturing High School. Student councils are formed to keep watch of the student body and thus you would think that the student council of this school would be able to control with their power alone, the truth is the student council doesn't have power at all. It's the person who's in charge of the council who has all the power.

It's no surprise senpai was voted to be student council president. The bastard's smart, good looking and above all sharp as fuck.

"With all that now out of the way....could you explain why you're following me?"

"I must keep watch on you, never know what my little brother could do when he's by himself."

Nee-san had been following me ever since I left the director's office. She didn't even seem to be carrying anything with her, this meant that she literally had no intentions of doing anything else than follow me.

The entire talk in that office took a whole 30 minutes of my time so there's about an hour and 30 minutes left before class so I thought of going around the school compound. After all considering I was still new here I hadn't completely explored the school.

I found out a couple of things, first of all the security of this place was exceedingly high. Of course it was expected but was there a chance of actual criminals coming into a high security place like this just to do whatever to a girl? I didn't make sense to me unless the plan was sent in motion for a long while now.

There were a security cameras everywhere so I could start with the security office to see if I could find some clues on who this suspect could be but I didn't have permission to enter, I doubt Nee-san would try to help me since she's just like that...

I was on the first floor of the building which meant I was in the area owned by first year students who likely know just as much about the school as me if not slightly less. There wouldn't be anything useful among the first years besides the director's daughter herself.

"Hey Nee-san, your class is D-class here right? Mind if I head in?"

"I don't see why not but why so suddenly? You just want to look at my students don't you?"

"Exactly what I was thinking dear sister of mine, you can wait outside if you want." Waving off to Nee-san, I slowly began to go into the class of 1D.

The moment I slid the door open, everyone in the classroom turnef their heads to stare at me as I leaned against the door. There were quite a few of them, especially among the girls who whispered who I was but unfortunately for them my enhanced hearing could pick up everything.

"Welcome to class-D, may I know what you're here for?"

"Huh?"

I turned my head towards the voice, it was a girl who huge breasts leaning forwards talking to me as I scanned the class.

"I'm looking for a person called Sakura Airi, you guys know her?"

"Sakura-san? She's right over there!"

The girl pointed towards Sakura's seat where she was wearing a shocked expression at my sudden appearance. It was a miracle I remembered that Sakura was a first year otherwise it'd be hard to find an excuse. Lucky for me she's also in this classroom, the chances of that working was low but enough for me to try.

With a deep breath I went over to Sakura's seat while pulling out a piece of paper containing my phone number. Once I got close enough, I placed the small piece of paper into her desk.

"Forgot to give you me phone number that time. If you ever need help with anything feel free to call me."

"H-huh-?! E-ehhhh?!!"

'That's a...pretty cute reaction from someone who's usually quite shy.' Thinking that to mysf I rose my head and scanned the classroom once more.

Even more whispers came up from the depths of the ocean, most of them wondering my relationship with Sakura which I didn't really mind all that much. However among all the heads in the room two caught my attention.

A brown haired boy and a jet black haired girl, both of them seemed to be conversing, a rather one sided conversation if I had to say.

It was easy enough to guess that one of them were Horikita Suzune, the reaosn being I've seen her a few times whenever I visited senpai's house for a quick chat. But the other one gave me a strange feeling, as if something awoken in me to raise some sort of bloodlust.

He turned his head towards me and we locked eyes, I hadn't realised it sooner but I was glaring this entire time. There was no mistaking it, that student reminded me of THAT MAN.

I'll be sure to keep an eye on him, if he ever does anything I'll make sure he pays for what happened even if he isn't the same person as back then.