Chapter 28

It made perfect sense Wynonna dictating how the relationship with her new boss would go from day one. I admired her. What she'd done had been the right thing to do, not be afraid, and certainly not threaten to quit. She took control of the situation, turned it on its head, and showed Mercedes Gardner she would not take any shit from her. Maybe having a fancy title, and an influential mother helped. Although, I think having her own pair of massive, metaphorical balls to do what she did was the real secret.

By the time Friday arrived I was desperate to hold Waverly in my arms. She too had grown in confidence during the months we'd been together. From the first time we kissed we were now sharing intimate moments via our phones, Wynonna stumbling in on one of those. Awkward. I couldn't have imagined the shy, nervous Waves I met in Greece would now be performing sex acts for me to enjoy. And, our sex life when we were together just got better, and better. There was a trust between us, a shared language of what we liked, and what we wanted the other to do.

Sure, I'll admit the toys helped. Man, did they help. And the costumes. My dressing up, in what I hoped made me look like a pixie, gave Waverly ideas of her own. The first time I saw her in a cheerleader costume was something else. That was a good night. A real good night. As was the first time I dressed as a cop, which was also Waverly's idea, and her favourite outfit. Now that was a really good night. We may have hired that costume a few times.

One time we drove to a secluded spot where I donned the outfit, pink furry handcuffs a little out of place. It didn't seem to matter. Waves got into the spirit of the role playing immediately, telling me she'd dreamed about being arrested and having to do what I told her to do. Man, the sight of her riding me on the backseat, while handcuffed, her breasts bouncing to the rhythm we'd established, her neck a gorgeous pink, as were her cheeks, her moans getting louder the nearer she got, her head tilting back as my name left her lips. The smell of her skin as she rested her head on my shoulder, a delicious mix of sweat and coconut, her hair of pineapple and lavender, which oddly worked. Oh, and strawberry-scented lube.

The restaurant where we were meeting Waverly's friends was close to the centre of town, Chrissy already in her room when I arrived. They had started on a bottle of wine, the pair giggling as I dropped my weekend bag by the door. I pulled Waverly into the bathroom for a few minutes to ourselves, both of us in need of physical contact. I could easily have taken a rain check on the meal, but for Chrissy banging on the bathroom door to tell us our five minutes were up.

We made it in time for the appetizers. A group of ten gathered together to enjoy good company and decent Italian food. Waverly seemed completely relaxed in their company, taking my hand in full view of everyone, rubbing the back with her thumb. There were a few looks, but no one said anything. It felt good to be accepted by them, but even more so by Waverly. Man, how far we had come.

Chrissy suggested we all head to a bar afterwards, Waverly and I making our excuses. We walked in silence, hand in hand back to her student room. It had started raining, light at first gradually getting heavier, and I could not have been happier.

I told her I wanted this to last, as drops of water ran down my face, and off my nose, not entirely sure where I was heading with my words.

I felt her squeeze my hand. "The rain?"

"Us."

"Are you sure?" she replied, her own hair now hanging limp over her shoulders as if she'd just got out of the shower.

"More sure than I've ever been. How about you?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe. I'll think about it."

I stopped, as she continued walking, pulling me after her. "What?"

"You have to ask me properly."