Chapter 4

- IV -
– Cup of fruits —
• But she was right •

They were walking together in the direction their eyes desired.

The silence between them was deafening, and it didn't give him any reason or answers about her saving him from jumping from the building.

They were hoping for one of them to break the silence, and she did.

"Taeyong," he said, looking at the girl who was staring at her shoes. "Your name is Taeyong, right?" she asked, looking at him.

They made eye contact, and Taeyong nervously looked away, saying, "yes," in a weak voice.

They were walking in silence once more, but this time Taeyong began to speak.

"I have a question," he said, looking down at his shoes and his hands in his pockets.

She became interested, but she also wanted to make a joke. "You've already asked," she said, looking at him.

With this question, she made him feel a little uneasy at the time. She understood it and attempted to repair it by saying, "uh, I mean, you may ask."

"Why did you do that?" he asked, looking at her. She looked at him with a confused face, "Did what?".

"Saved me," those words rang loudly in her ears. She flinched and avoided her gaze.

"No reason just wanted to do this at that moment," she said again, "that was it," she said with a small smile.

She didn't want to have this conversation because she was thinking, 'What reasons should I give him to keep him alive?'

Then she realized she was hungry because she had skipped lunch, and then as if by magic, she smelled her favorite fruits. She began to look around, trying to figure out where this was coming from.

The next thing she knew, someone was selling fruit-filled cups. Her eyes were the sparkling cause of it and Taeyong noticed, but he didn't understand why she had those eyes.

"Are you okay?" he asked, kneeling down and looking into her eyes. She was taken aback because she hadn't expected it. He immediately apologized.

"It's fine, but are you hungry?" With a big smile on her face, she inquired. He became more perplexed, but he was also hungry. He hasn't eaten anything all day.

But he doesn't want to show her how hungry he is. "Well, not really, why are you asking?" he says.

"You see, I don't care because I am, and we will eat together" she insisted. She grabbed his arm and pulled him to the small fruit café.

He liked all kinds of fruits, but his favorites were strawberries and melons. He was overjoyed that they had his favorites, and it made him even more hungry.

They bought four cups of fruit mix and began eating it. She was eating it with a big smile and an enjoyable expression on her face.

He was looking at her and noticed that she was admiring every second of the time that she was eating just fruits. He was curious if she had always been like this.

While they were eating fruits, and it was already night, with full of beautiful stars and moon.

She was looking at him and noticed that he liked those fruit cups a lot. She was relieved that she had guessed that he was hungry as well.

Not only that, but she smiled at him, and he looked at her quickly. "What is it?" he asked with a mouth full of melons and strawberries.

"Nothing much," she said, looking at his full mouth, "but what is your favorite fruit or food?" She knew the first reason would be this response.

He swallowed and looked inside his cup with childlike eyes. "I like all fruits, but my favorites are melons and strawberries," he said as he picked a strawberry. "And I loooove Kalguksu," he said as he ate it and looked at her.

She cracked a grin. "I liked them as well", Taeyong felt warm from her. "You know what?" she inquired.

He became intrigued and asked, "What?" with a full mouth. "You see, I have a motive," she said with a big smile on her face.

"What do you mean motive?" he asked at the end. "What motive?" he inquired once more.

"I'm giving you a reason to live," she said as she looked at him. "What's the reason you're giving me?" After a cup of fruits, she looked up at the dark, beautiful sky, and then at him.

"If you die, you won't be able to eat the food you like most anymore," she smiled, adding, "and you won't be able to eat your favorite melons and strawberries."

This was a funny reason for him, and he wanted to laugh, but he didn't. But, come to think of it, she was right...

Note:: it was a cute chapter lol... Btw what is your favorite fruit or food?
Σ(-᷅_-᷄)