Chapter 13

- XIII -
Remember one thing!
Don't Try To Save Someone

He looked her in the eyes, and his eyes said it all: he wasn't happy with today's meeting with the boys. He was actually sad and had vanished.

He was just sitting and staring into her eyes — she asked, "What are you doing here?" she got closer, as she sat beside him. He was still silent as if he wanted to think or admire the moment.

As he inhaled quickly and said his first words to her. "Nothing, just sitting here and remembering all the good times I had with friends," he said, tilting his head to the right side where she was sitting. She doesn't even know him, but this person reminded her of Taeyong, but they weren't the same.

"Well, if you want, you can talk about it with me," she said with a light smile as she looked at him. He simply raised his shoulders while pressing his hands against the rail. "Not really," he said, pausing as if he wasn't sure what to ask or how to start a conversation.

"How was school while I was gone?" he questioned. He genuinely wanted to know how the boys were doing without him. "You generally want to know how boys were while you were gone, or you really want to know how school was going without one student?" she laughed as she looked up at the beautiful blue sky.

He laughed softly. He knew she'd understand what he was saying, but he didn't expect her to attack him right in the face. "More likely second option," he said, placing his hand on his cheek.

"Oh, well, well... Do you want me to be honest with you?" She looked at him, and he became intrigued by what she was saying. "Um? Yeah, please?" and he laughed nervously, preparing himself for the worst.

"Ahhh, don't be so stressed," she said, laughing. "I just met them — Like two weeks ago? Or something like this", Doyoung just looked at her with a face 'really?', and he laughed.

"They haven't actually talked about old friends, they just laugh and joke... It sometimes irritates me hahaha — But when someone mentioned the name Doyo, they all stopped laughing and simply said that they missed you and your attention "y/n turned to face Doyoung, who was on the verge of crying.

"Yaaaahh, don't cryyy," she shook his shoulder, but realized she was shaking too hard, and she was too close to knocking him off the roof. "Yahh, be careful, I don't want to die like this," even though Doyoung was laughing at the joke, Y/n was sitting and faking a smile with blind eyes.

She shook her head, "I'm sorry, but I have to leave! See you later "She jumped on the ground and grabbed her bag, but Doyoung grabbed her hand and stopped her.

She looked at him with curious eyes. "Why didn't you ask as to what I was doing here or what was going on with mine and Taeyong's relationship?" he had unanswered questions which he wanted to ask, but he didn't.

Y/n smiled as she gently removed her hand from his. "Well, now you mentioned it's yours and Taeyong's business, and it's also not my business why you're here, don't forget I'm no one to ask you these kinds of questions, and also how I felt you were uncomfortable while you asked about friends, so I guessed you didn't like when this topic is touched," she explained quickly and give him small, poor smile.

Doyoung was impressed by how quickly she got everything, and he just smiled. "You're catching up quickly, and I like it," he said, laughing. "It was really nice talking to you — now I understand why Taeyong was protecting you," he said, his eyes sparkling like a baby, which was adorable. Y/n simply said, "Thank you."

"You're going to find Taeyong, right?" he asked as he took his backpack. "Yeah, I wanted to talk to him," she said after a short pause. She was wondering where he could be or what he was up to.

"I can see that you care about him and are trying to help him hold," Doyoung said, and you looked at him quickly, trying not to make him understand why we're doing it.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone that you support him because you want to keep him from sinking into depression," he said with a smile. Even though he didn't understand why you were doing it or what happened, he could tell you were trying to help him, and you only had one question: "How did you know I'm trying to help him?"

He burst out laughing "Dummy, I've known him my whole my life; we just haven't spoken in years because I transferred to another school, and I can sense when he's unhappy or happy, even though Taeyong is never sad or depressed. Perhaps he is stressed out right now because of exams and school" He was contemplating something. How sad that he is his closest friend and has no idea how much pain he is in...

"Haha, yeah, school is stressful for him, and I just try to cheer him up," you said as you prepared to leave, but Doyoung's last words stuck deep inside your mind...

"Yah girl waits," he said to the girl who was leaving him behind. "Remember one thing..." he added, raising his tone because you were already too far away.

"If You Try To Save Someone You Can't Save, You'll Both End Up Sinking."

You knew that he noticed something but didn't ask you because you wouldn't tell him...

Note:: no cause Doyoung is my fav :(

Btw happy new year! Wish you guys to have best 2022! And also I wish Nct / Wayv calm year with more wins & awards!! Muah~ love ya~