Chapter 9

- IX -
– He knew –
• Friends like yours •

It's been two days since school clubs officially opened for a new batch of members. And he and his best friends are still in the same boat, attending the same dance and sports club.

Y/n wanted to join clubs as well. She began by looking for clubs, but they were all boring, so she decided to join a dance club. She'd kill two rabbits with one shot, have a good time, and get to know Taeyong better.

Furthermore, she went and signed herself in a dance club.

Someone called her before she left that place. "Hey y/n" she looked around and saw hendery with Lucas.

"Oh, hi boys," she said, smiling and greeting them with warm hugs. (damn wish I was her:( miss my Yukhei)

They both laughed and huge her back. "What exactly are you doing here?" Lucas asked her with a big smile on his face. "Yeah, let's call Tae; he'll be happy to see you," hendery added.

You quickly stop him, "no need! I only checked clubs, that's all "You gave a creepy smile. "And what club have you chosen?" they both asked, laughing.

'They're so funny,' you thought. "I haven't decided yet, but if I do, I'll definitely tell you guys," you said with a smile.

Yes, she lied, and it was all for the sake of surprising Taeyong because you wanted to get to know him better in order to give him more reasons to live.

After a while, you were sitting on the rooftop, reading a book that brought back many memories from your past life.

Unfortunately, you couldn't read it quietly due to Taeyong.

He stood beside you, looking at you as if he was analyzing what you were doing. "What is it?" you inquired, perplexed as to why he was standing in this way.

"Why are you always reading the same book?" he asked, making a strange face mimic. 'What a strange boy; does he even read books?' you wondered.

"A good book is always good, no matter how many times you've already read it," you said and smiled at him after you go on reading.

"Gosh, pathetic," he murmured as he sat down beside her. "What will happen if you stop or refuse to read your boring book?" he asked.

She wasn't ready for Taeyong's question, "well-" she paused because she didn't know what to say, "nothing, I'll just have to deal with my boring life," and she smiled.

"Okay, I'll read your "good book" to better understand you," he said, putting his hand on the book, but you didn't let go. "Yaa gives me I'll read, and then I'll give it to you again," he said angrily.

You just threw it in the bag and didn't say anything, "come on, it's just a book that I'll finish in two days," he snarled. "Sorry, I can't, I'm reading it, maybe next time," you politely replied. You simply cannot give it to him.

"Okay, whatever," he muttered, settling into a normal position. It was extremely difficult for you to think of reasons to give him at this point.

"Taeyong," you said with chubby eyes, and he just said, "hmm." "You have hilarious friends," you remarked.

He just looked at you, questioningly. "Why so sudden?" he asked you. You simply lowered your gaze and said "I just want to say that you're lucky to have such friends... I've never had one, which is why I'm saying "Her eyes, as well as her mood, had drooped.

"Yeah they are funny boys" you heard a giggling sound. "Sometimes they just go on dumb, and other times they're all moody, but they always joke no matter what," you said, and he smiled back.

It was the first time you'd seen him smile, and it made you happy. "But sometimes they really embarrass me, and I just want to say that they aren't my friends," he paused and laughed, "well, I guess this is what friends mean?" He was grinning as he looked at you.

You were stunned as you looked at him. "What it is? Is there something wrong with my face?" He placed his hand on his cheek. "You," you stooped, trying not to attack him. "You just laughed and smiled..." you were happy but couldn't put it into words.

"Oh, did I? Sorry" he tried to stop himself from smiling, but you dropped a very interesting sentence. "Why? You have the most stunning smile in the ENTIRE WORLD!!! You should always smile "Without realizing it, you said it.

He was embarrassed because it was his first time hearing something like this from a girl. "Oh...".

It was all he said, but inside he was like a baby, unable to stop his happy heart, but everything came to a stop when he heard your words.

"You know what?" You locked your gaze on him. "What is it?" he asked, looking at you, and you two made the longest eye contact you'd ever had. "I've got a new reason," she smirked. "All right, say it," he said, trying not to do the same thing.

"Please don't die, cause imagine... The world will lose the most beautiful smile on the planet... And it will be a shame."

Taeyong was aware of what was going on...

Note:: huh? What was going on?! :0 btw I edited this pic for this book! @.@