Morning Conversations

January 26th

Huaze Lei

"There's no one else. Only Si and the guys," Ximen was saying to his phone. Ximen, Meizuo, Si and I sat at a cafe on a saturday morning. I assumed he was speaking with a girl when he handed his phone over to Si.

"What?" Si whispered as he took the phone. Meizuo showed his phone Si for him to read to whoever was on the phone. "I Doaming Si, is saying that Ming is really..." I looked towards Si and half smiled as he tried reading the phone screen. Meizuo and Ximen were trying to tell him to start over. "I'm Doaming Si. What he said is true," Spoke in a straightforward way before hanging up the phone. "Hey, I've been repeating this over and over. Are we done?"

"I have no choice," Ximen spoke. We didn't invite anyone to Canada. Xinhui and Baihe came along. Many people are complaining." Ximen scrolled through his phone.

"It must be to those lame girls," Si said.

"No, Qinghe Chen too."

"Quinghe can be categorized as a lame girl too," I spoke. The guys looked towards me and we laughed.

"Heh?" Ximen questioned as he stared at his phone for a moment. "Qinghe is at a high school reunion. Xiaoyou shared photos in the group. Shancai looks so dumb."

"Let me see," Si said, leaning forward so he could see for himself. The two of them looked through the pictures and discovered where they were. "I'm going there," he said after a few moments.

"Ah Si," Meizuo said. "They're having a reunion. It doesn't concern you. I don't think it's okay."

"Why not? I think it's pretty fine."

"Yeah, it doesn't sound like a crazy stalker at all," I said nonchalantly. I looked towards Si and smiled lightly.

"Hey," Si said, punching my arm. "Who are you  calling a stalker? I just happen to be nearby."

"Two thousand meters is nearby?" I questioned putting my mug down on the table. "Are you saying you're like star-crossed lovers?" Both Ximen and Meizuo smirked.

"I'm going to see my girlfriend. What's wrong with that?" As Si stood and took his coat before leaving the table.

"Hopefully, Shancai thinks so too," Ximen sighed.

"Should we follow him?" Meizuo asked. Before I could respond, my phone vibrated in my pocket and I immediately thought of Faye. I took my phone out to see a text from Gu Weiyi.

Weiyi: I'm not completely sure what is going on, but I figured since you and Faye are on talking terms, I think you should come to the lab to take her home to rest. Faye seems to be very sensitive this morning. I asked her if I should call Ximen to take her home and she refused before she left for the bathroom. Senior went after her to make sure she's alright, but they were gone for twenty minutes.

Faye Calinao

"Faye?" Senior Yu Yin asked, worriedly. I had just finished puking in the girls restroom for a solid fifteen minutes. I walked out of the stall to see a concerned senior. She accompanied me to the restroom while Gu Weiyi and Lei from the math department continued with the experiment.

"I'm okay now," I spoke lightly. I walked over to the sink to wash my mouth and face feeling a bit over heated this morning. My hormones this morning seemed extra sensible as I was suddenly  upset from a joke Gu Weiyi was attempting to make.

"You look pale. You don't look alright."

"A little motion sickness this morning. I should be alright now. " I used the paper towels to help dry my mouth and the rest of my face. I let out a stressed out sigh. I'm with Senior and Gu Weiyi a lot in the first week of returning to school. In a short while, even with my gap from last semester, I know they are the type of friends I would become close and acquainted with.