Doaming Si

February 26th

Faye Calinao

"Miss Calinao," Mr.Min spoke for the first time since he picked me up from school. I opened my eyes and sat up slowly feeling tired with a slight headache.

"Yes Mr.Min?"

"I believe Mr.Doaming Si is following behind us."

"What?" I was confused and turned around to see Doaming Si's sports car following behind.

"Should we stop Miss.Calinao?"

"How far are we from my grandparents?"

"An hour and a half away. Should we stop?"

"Yes please," I spoke softly. Since we were passing through a town, Mr.Min turned into a small parking lot to park and I looked down at Leo who was sound asleep on my lap. I placed my puppy onto the seat before taking off my seatbelt. Once we were parked I opened the door to get out.

Hearing another car door slam shut, I looked over to see Daoming Si striding over. He looked stressed and concerned and as he approached me, he opened his arms to hug me and I was at first hesitant of what he'd do. He wrapped his arms around me firmly and after a few moments let go.

"Are you... alright Faye?" Doaming Si questioned after a moment. He seemed stressed. "Where are we going?"

"We?" I asked lightly, ignoring his first question at first.

"You ran out of the class upset and now we're here."

"I wanted to get away from Ximen."

"Clearly. I'm sure Meizuo has already informed your friends and Lei. They are looking for you. I haven't said anything to them yet in case you don't want to be found."

"I don't want to be found right now."

"Exactly, but you know Lei is going to be stressing for you."

"And he apparently fought with Ximen? Did you know about this?"

"No... not at first. I found out at school. It happened after I left the party with Shancai. I asked Meizuo what happened and I figured out Ximen went to the hospital that night for his arm. Lei disappeared and hasn't attended practice this week and hasn't been seen since Saturday. I put the two together. "

"Lei is the reason Ximen broke his arm? And was Lei hurt in the process? How could he hide this from me? For almost a week and he avoids me?" I was disappointed in him.

"You know how Lei can be when it comes to you. You're the only person I know who cares about his actions and wants to not disappoint you. By the way, you still haven't answered my question. Where are we going?"

"My grandparents," I said lightly. "I wanted to get away."

"I'll talk to Ximen." I shook my head pushing the thought out of the way. Ximen made it clear to me this friendship wasn't important enough to make this work. If he cared enough for me as a friend and sister he wouldn't have done this. He wouldn't have humiliated me in front of our classmates a numerous of times knowing how I was around people.

"He doesn't care enough to try," I sighed. "He..." I shook my head again. "Why would he..." I was at a loss for words with the one closest friend who promised me to never leave.

"Faye..." My eyes water, feeling emotional and upset thinking of what has happened.

"Lately it feels like he doesn't fail to disappoint me as a brother and friend. I continue to be hurt by his behavior and he just... uses my feelings and personality against me."