Welcome! (Sneak Peak)

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the Sequel To String Together. I'm really happy to have you guys read book 1. It has definitely been a challenge writing something different from what I'm used to. I've been experiment and have been having a lot of fun on working on this series 💓

I hope all of you are all safe and healthy! It has been a challenging year and writing has been my calming source of outlet this year. Lots has happened since the start of book 1 to where I am for book 2.

I've even published a book this year that was once a fanfic!

You can now save this your library!

I thought I'd share a sneak peak on this update of what is going on in the first half of the story 💞 All of you have shown so much love for book one and I appreciate all of you. Let me know what you think of each fragment of the story so far!

Small glimpses from throughout the story so far:

#1

"Last I remembered, you broke up with her. There's no need for you to come here. Sito Mo and I are capable of taking care of her." I could hear the protectiveness in his tone. Lee was the same way after finding out what happened before her accident.

"A mistake and misunderstanding on my part." I took my things and began making my way out. Meizuo follows behind as I wait for Weiyi's argument.

"A mistake? She was a mess after you broke up with her and left her alone at the cabin. You'd think that knowing a lot about her history and being the one who kept her together, you'd have thought about that before breaking her heart. You're as toxic as Ximen and Meizuo. Your entire group is."

"Don't start with my friends," I warned.

#2

"Sorry," the female apologizes. After the uncomfortable jolting pain subsided, I turned to the female who caused my pain. My eyes widened slightly and I took a step back. Lei seemed alert of my response and gently placed a hand just at the bottom of my back. The familiar childhood friend, if that's what I'd call her, standing in front of me and I let out a shaky sigh. "Ah Faye, it's you."

"Geng..." I spoke softly.

"I didn't realize you were back in Shanghai. Still friends with Ximen?" My eyes averted to the ground.

"Yes she is," Lei spoke for me after a few moments of no response from me.

"Ah! You're one of Ximen's guy friends. You're... Lei," she spoke casually. "You are here with a dear old friend of mine."

"Faye is my girlfriend," Lei spoke. There was a sudden change in tone. I looked towards him. His expression looked cold. A disbelieving sigh came from Geng and I turned to her to see she wasn't believing it. I then looked back to Lei, like he was crazy.

#3

"How... where are we..." reading her mind I knew she was conflicted.

"Faye, breathe. We're going to figure everything out. I promise you everything will be figured out."

"Sorry," She apologizes.

"There's nothing to apologize for Faye," I smiled reassuring her. "I like talking to you and keeping you company." The crease from her forehead slowly disappeared. From her cheeks I knew she was slightly anxious around me. I reached for her hand and her eyes widened slightly. Grasping her hand so I could hold hers, I knew I was risking rejection after what happened after the incident.

#4

I'm screaming as I felt the sudden pulling at my hair and my body was jerked to the side. I quickly reached forward trying to push whoever was yanking my hair. Geng stumbled back and she looked towards me in anger. She was fuming with my response.

Doaming Si made his way over to me and I backed away in fear knowing what he was capable of. My back hit the wall and I shivered as his hand blocked any way from escaping. He stood in front of me with his usual look of annoyance at my presence.

"If I were you, I'd keep your mouth shut from Ximen if you want to keep your friendship. In just a few words I can take Ximen away from you, do you want that?" Doaming Si spoke with authority and I felt my body tremble from fear if I didn't respond quick enough for him.

"I-I w-won't tell h-him. Please don't say anything to him,"I pleaded.

#5

"I'm going to kill him!" He shouted angrily for the fifth time now and I stressfully clung to his arm the best I could and pulled him towards the stairs. I was terrified and shaking the moment he started shouting at me.

You must be joking right now?

You're kidding me?!

"Please Ximen, don't," I pleaded.

-

I shakily let go of his hand and took a step back from him. Tears flowing down my cheeks. I couldn't see Lei getting hurt, but I also didn't want the fear of losing Ximen.

"Ximen," Doaming Si said hesitantly looking between him and I. "Faye is looking pale, don't let her make this decision now. She doesn't look well."

"She has to make this decision now," Ximen spoke firmly. "Either she makes this decision or Lei ends up in the hospital tonight."

"C-cut me out of your life," I blurted without thinking and my eyes widened. Doaming Si's eyes even widened and Ximen glared towards me squinting.

"Faye," Ximen spoke sternly.

#6

"I... honestly thought that was where things were going and he does things like suddenly become busy to see how I have been doing since classes started. I'm confused, because he just became defensive of Shancai and became mad with me. I thought... Lei knew me best."

"He does, I'm not sure what has gotten into him. And for Ximen? He is a complete asshole. I'm sorry Faye. I know he is your best friend, but ever since he hurt you the first time last semester, he doesn't deserve your kind heart. He's a stuck up cold hearted bitch." My eyes widened at Seniors words because she never spoke this way to anyone. "If you didn't care for him, I would barged over to the library right now and hurt him myself. I can't believe he cold heartedly cut you out of his life just so he wouldn't hurt Lei? So he has to not see you anymore? What kind of nonsense is that? That jerk needs to grow up and mature more and accept reality. He is such a shitty friend."

"Hmm..." my lips pressed to a thin line wishing things were different.

///

Official Story updates will begin December 16th, 2021

If you have any thoughts, concerns or want to say hello, you can always comment here within the story or on my message aboard! I'll see you all when the first chapter is up!

Samantha 🤍