Conditions (part 2)

March 1st

Faye Calinao

"Marry me," I spoke softly, reading the words off the cake in white lettering of the chocolate cake. Squinting slightly, it took me a moment to realize the white lettering was Lei's hand writing. What... Ximen, Meizuo, and Doaming Si had a nervous smile as I questioned what was happening. I turned around to see Lei getting down on one knee. My brain freezes. My mouth parts in shock even more as my brain tries to keep up with what is happening.

"Faye," Lei spoke. I immediately could tell he was nervous and I brought a hand to cover mouth in shock. He's doing this now. I never thought... "I hope this is okay," he said softly enough for only the surrounding people to hear us. He gave me a nervous smile as he continued on."You entered my life at the most perfect time of my life. I mean it when I say perfect, because I've acknowledged feelings I never would have thought existed. I have every reason to thank you for entering my world. At first not knowing you were Ximen's best friend since we were five, you became my mentor, friend, girlfriend, and someone who is very special to my heart the span of these last several months. You've made many positive changes."

Lei's eyes were light and pure as he talked to me.

"I've witnessed love I never thought would exist until I met you. I witnessed losing you in a way I never thought I would and you found your way back to me even after recovering. Faye... we've had our share of arguments and fights. I'm sorry you put up with me like that. I still love you for keeping up with my nonsense and you have your moments as well."

I hugged myself and laughed lightly knowing how true this was.

"I know you weren't expecting to be having a child this early in our relationship and this would have been an early timing if you weren't carrying our little girl." I smiled as he made a point again, it was a girl. We won't find out for another week and a half. I placed my hand on my stomach feeling bubbly.

"We don't know for sure yet Lei," I laughed lightly.

"I know it is Faye," he smiled. Ximen, Meizuo, and Doaming Si chuckle from behind. "I'm really excited to meet her and be a father. I want us to be a family when she is born. I hope you will be honored to let us start forever now."

Looking into his eyes, I could tell he was serious. We never spoke much about our future past graduation. We would occasionally talk about the possibilities of our future, but not since before the incident. I had no idea Lei would have thought of marriage.

"Will you marry me Faye Calinao?" He held up a small royal blue box. He then opened the box and my breath was taken away at how beautiful the ring was. After a moment of staring at the ring, I made eye contact with Lei who seemed to be nervous, but truly happy at this moment.

"Yes," I said, stunned to speak barely audible and I watched as the biggest smile appeared on Lei's face. Everything slows down for a moment as everyone around us erupts into a cheer. Lei took out the elegant ring from the box and reached for my led hand and carefully slid the ring onto my finger fitting perfectly.

Lei stood up and took a step closer to me, placing a gentle hand to my cheek before leaning forward to kiss me. Feeling very emotional in every direction, I let myself relax and let this sink in. I'm going to marry Lei.

Lei is now my fiancée.

Lei will forever be my partner.

Lei wants to be my family.

He pulled away slightly after a moment and I felt his other hand being placed on my cheek. Our foreheads touched and I opened my eyes to see his eyes closed. It seemed he was taking in the moment and my heart swelled in awe.