Little Apologies

Back in the motel room, Dean told his little sister to sit on the bed.

"What the Hell is wrong with you." Dean asked standing over Maddie.

"I-I" Maddie stuttered over her words. "I-I guess I wasn't thinking."

"Hell yeah you weren't thinking! Yelling at Bobby like that. Not to mention cursing at him." Dean adds.

"Dean I just wanted to know what you guys were talking about." Maddie states.

"Yeah well you don't always get what you want."

"Look at me."

"Maddie."

Dean lifts his baby sister's face to meet his eyes.

"I'm gonna tell you this once, and one time only. You treat adults with respect. Especially Me, Sam and Bobby. Your never and I mean NEVER use bad language towards them or yell at them in anyway."

"You hear me Maddie?"

..

"Madelynn."

It always scared Maddie when Dean used her full name. She would always answer him after he used it, and Dean knew that.

"yeah Dean." Replied Maddie.

"Good, now go stand in the corner." Demanded Dean.

"Wha- for how long?!" Questioned the teen in disbelief.

"Until I come get you." Dean replied.

He watched as his sister solemnly made her way to the corner of where her bed was.

It wasn't until 30 minutes later that Dean told his sister to come out.

Maddie made her way to her bed with tears in her eyes.

When Dean realized this, he soon became worried.

"Maddie what's wrong?"

Tears soon strolled down her cheek as she broke down into little cries.

"Mm s-sowwy" Maddie let out.

Dean got up from his bed and embraced her. "It's okay Maddie, I know you didn't mean it."

Dean rocked his sister back and forth, until her cries became sniffles.

Dean turned to the clock that read '3:30PM'. He decided to turn on the TV. When he attempted to get up,
Maddie wouldn't let him. She was attached. She kept her arms wrapped around Dean's neck.

"Maddie, I have to get the remote."

Maddie shook her head and denied.

Dean thought about how he was going to get out of this situation. "fuck it." Dean mumbled.

He effortlessly picked his sister up , and ushered his way to grab the remote.

When he sat back down with Maddie on his lap , he started to flip through channels of the the old TV.

It was silent until something caught Maddie's eye. "stop."

Dean went one channel back, where Sesame Street was playing.

"This?" Dean questioned.

"yeah." Maddie whispered, slightly embarrassed.

"Alright," Sighed Dean. He moved himself and his sister further back on the bed. They both got comfortable and started to watch Sesame Street.