Chapter 11 - Secret Bonds in the Moonlight

(A/N: It's been a couple of months but man is college really something. All I gotta say is a bunch of fun plus hard work since I'm a medical major. Well since it's been a while but enjoy this chapter for a while as well.)

Third Person POV

"So you're not really bullshitting with me?"

A student with spiky silver blondish hair that was tall for his age spoke to the other person in front of him. The other student was of average height so with brown hair completely exposed in the moonlight.

"I'm not it's exactly what I had Nanase relay to you. It's up to you to believe me or not, Hosen."

Hosen had half of his body in the moonlight while the rest was just covered by the shadows of the night.

"Keke, you really do know how to make interesting proposals but that doesn't mean the reward is satisfactory. Before I pretend to listen to your rambling, let's discuss the price for actually getting me to do anything."

"I know how many private points you get for participating in this event and plus you can extort your classmates for theirs as well. Whatever you do once you receive the points is none of my business."

"I was planning on doing that anyway even without your permission. You're like a parent at times just giving people permission for things as if they were your children. You do know that's weird right?"

Kiyo tilted his head and put his right hand on his chin. He thought about it for a quick second and then responded, "I never thought about that really I just want people to grow, well the certain ones that I chose. That includes you so in order to do that how about I can get you a match with Ryuuen."

"Kekeku, now that's interesting why would you bother setting that up?"

"I know Sakayanagi is going to ask Ryuuen to be under her command of course it's quite troublesome since I can't be on every inch of the battlefield. So I need some more firepower to deal with him and his group."

"It's an interesting offer since I could just fight that piece of shit in front of everyone. I'll be establishing who's more dominant between the two of us. But that alone isn't going to make me help you. If you offer me something else I might be able to do something."

"Is that really not enough for you?"

"Kinda a stupid question to ask when you personally know that people who want to destroy each other don't like to partner up."

Kiyo scratched his head and then gave a soft sigh. After he looked Hosen right in the eye and started to speak, "You have a point when it comes to that,". At that moment Hosen's right arm in the darkness moved to grab something from his back. Kiyo didn't notice until it was in the moonlight, that a dark steel black knife that didn't show off any glare was coming straight to him but even then Kiyo didn't move With the face of a madman Hosen with his speed drove the knife toward Kiyo until he was surprised by something he didn't expect. A rock was thrown and hit the knife knocking it out of Hosen's hand from behind and it went past Kiyo completely missing him.

*Cling*

"Wha-?" Hosen couldn't even finish what he was about to say. As a hand grabbed his collar and slammed him to the ground, forcing him to kiss it. Then his arm was stretched with enough force and a foot on his back so he couldn't get up. The figure then spoke and it was a girl's voice that rang through the empty hallway.

"Kiyotaka, you shouldn't just stand there even if it did kind of get you off guard. You still should have had a lot of time to dodge it with your quick reflexes. Have your skills diminished a bit?"