3

"Is Daddy with Miss Rei?" Her sweet little voice twinkled up to your ears. "Is that why he didn't come home with us?"

"No, sweet potato, he really is out doing work."

"Good, because I hate Miss Rei! And I hate when Daddy calls you Miss Rei too!" She crossed her arms, stomped her feet and scrunched her face up.

You laughed and rubbed her head, "Don't say that, darling, Miss Rei is very nice. Nice enough for Daddy to marry her! It really isn't her fault that she's not feeling well. And it wouldn't be nice of Daddy to leave her when she's ill, right?"

"Yeah, I guess." Her little head laid against your thigh as you ran a knife down a block of ice over and over. "Do Daddy and I get our special shaved ice?"

You looked over at the dark red glass bottle you pulled from the cooler. If you weren't careful, it would congeal and then no one would want it. A shiver went down your spine as you recalled the mess that was collecting a new bottle. "Of course. Now, would you like to scoop the ice?"

Meanwhile, Muzan was lurking down an alleyway, barely controlling his desires to kill. That's when three very unlucky civilians crossed his path. "Ouch!" One of them called out. "Do you not have eyes?! You ran into me!"

He hadn't felt anything more than the wind, but he supposed it was a possibility. He just wanted to keep moving. "My apologies."

"Hey! Stop!!" A hand reached out and grabbed his shoulder.

"I'm sorry," a growl entered his voice, "I have some urgent business I need to attend to."

"Hey, hey! This clothing you're wearing is quite classy and it pisses me off! And that face you have is so pale-- looks to me like you've died already or something." Muzan was being mocked. And so although others couldn't see it, he let his hand fly across the face of the abuser.

"Hey!" There was an awful lot of this word thrown around to his dismay. It was so... peasant. "What did you do to my brother!?" A tall, large, bald man rushed up to him. The girl that was with them went to the original offender. Muzan really didn't have time for this.

"HEY!!" His teeth ground together at the word. "He's dead! Yatsu isn't breathing!!" But before her sentence had even finished, Muzan's food had launched the large man into the air, spraying blood as he expired as well.

"Does my complexion look terrible to you? Does my face look pale to you? Do I look weak to you? Does it look like I haven't got long to live to you? Does it look like I'm close to death?"

"N-no, no, no!" She stuttered, but he was already triggered.

"I am a perfect creature that is infinitely close to perfection. I shan't ever perish, nor shall my loved ones." Two demons jumped off the surrounding buildings and bowed in front of Muzan. He wasn't finished, however. His finger pressed into her forehead, cracking through the skin, skull and brain like softened butter. "What do you think will happened to you if you receive a massive amount of blood from me? The human body cannot accommodate for such transformation speed and the cells will break down one by one. That is why I must practice. To find the perfect balance."