16

Muzan turned to the last lower moon. Lower moon one. "Are there some final words you forgot to say?"

"Hmm, let me see... I feel like I'm dreaming now. You're personally going to put an end to me yourself. It was fun to listen to the death screams of the other demons. It was a blessing. I loved watching the pains and sufferings of humans. I love it so much it was like a dream. Than--"

"MOMMY!" Your daughter flew into your arms, knocking you over a bit.

"Yes, my love?" You whispered as you put a finger to your lips, indicating a quieter voice was needed. The lower moon looked up curiously. It wasn't unknown to have a demon with a demon child, but it was what came next that surprised you.

"That lady looks like Daddy. Is that Daddy?" She had always been too young to bother explaining things like this before, but now you wondered how Muzan wanted you to react. She, too, looked thrown off by the intrusion and was simply watching you both.

"Yes! Isn't Daddy gorgeous? Give Daddy a kiss when you get close!" Your voice whispered out with a giddiness, figuring that the truth would be easier in the long run. After all, your daughter didn't know the world yet; it could be explained in any way and that would become her normal.

"Mommy's prettier..." She huffed, making you laugh. That was exactly how her father reacted whenever your darling offspring called anything pretty.

Muzan finally let out a hearty laugh and opened her arms. "Come here, pudding cup. You are the light of my life! It is perfection of you to see your mother as the beautiful creature she is!" Squealing, she ran into Muzan's arms and snuggled close. "You are right lower moon, my daughter is 'beautiful perfection, just like her father'."

They lowered their head and finished their statement. "Thank you for leaving me as the last one. And allowing me to see such perfection as your daughter." With a small pause, Muzan's flesh expanded out in a scorpion-like tail, complete with a needle full of her blood. As the lower moon gagged, Muzan giggled and held his daughter's face away from the carnage, unsure if she would be old enough to not be bothered by it.

"You won me over. I'll give you an abundance of blood." The screams didn't  bother your daughter, she must have been overly tired as she was asleep in Muzan's arms. That, or Muzan put her to sleep. Either way was fine by you. "Well, you might be unable to endure the quantity of blood and just die. But if you can 'adapt' you'll probably obtain even more strength." The demon was on the floor, but not dead yet. "Now, be useful to me. Go kill the demon hunter pillars. And if you kill the demon hunter who has earrings that look like Hanafuda cards, I'll share even more blood with you. My darling lover, let us take leave."

And with flowing kimono, your small family left the twisted house.