Tea • n.r.

@sav06nat
[r.] = request
autistic reader
multiple parter
part one.

[Reader...]

It was hard adapting to even more people on the team, especially since Fury has sort of forced me to live on the compound with everyone.

"Ay, mousey wanna play a game with us?" Tony asked as I came to the kitchen quickly to grab a snack and cup of water, everyone was currently quite loud in the common room, and every single light seemed to be on causing me to fidget my hands as everyone stared at me waiting for an answer.

Choosing not to speak I shook my head quietly trying to give the most emotionless face I could, I didn't want them to see I was freaking out inside— and not the good way, I make my way around the rest of the Avengers and back to my room. By the time I had gotten to my room I quickly set down my water cup and snack to see my hands shaking quite violently. Okay... count to three.

One... breathe.

Two... you got this.

Three... breathe out, we did it. We are fine, we are okay.

Once done with my count I grab my snack and quickly put on a movie sitting on my bed to watch it.

I usually like to wait until I hear everyone had gone to bed before making my way towards the common room, it was now dark and silent. Both making me calm to walk in, I start making myself a cup of tea not paying attention to my surroundings. I am usually not talkative... actually, since I've joined the Avengers, and have moved into the compound with them.

I don't speak at all.

I can't remember any of them ever hearing me talk. Which was fine with me, if they thought I was mute, that is perfectly okay.

Suddenly I hear someone walking into the common room, I turn to see Natasha walking behind me. She was looking at me, she looks up into my eyes and smiles, I smile back lifting up the tea pot basically asking if she wanted any.

She nodded. I smile before turning back around to serve her a cup of tea, I do the same for myself and sit on the island, I didn't think she would stick around, I thought she probably couldn't sleep and wanted to make tea herself and she would go back into her room after I served it. But I was wrong.

I sat down, and she sat next to me. I look over at her to see she was staring again, I smile once more. She smiles back.

She looks down at her tea cup before sipping it, looking away from me now. I continue to stare.

"You are never up this late..." I say, my voice a bit cracked and rusty from never using it. I whisper it, she looks at me in shock her mouth wide open before responding back.

"How do you know?" She asks

"Because I'm always up." I respond, she gives me a sad look before I look away.

"Are you okay?" I whisper once more, she smiles.

"Yes... are you?" She asks

It was still quite dark in the common room, and other than the whispering you could hear a pin drop, so yes I guess I was okay.

"Yes." I whisper back, I give a smile before looking away and taking sips of my tea before heading back to my room.

The next day I come out of my room to try and grab an apple for breakfast when Thor's very loud voice coming booming through the common room.

Forgetting about my Apple, I quickly leave not liking the loud voice of the asgardian. Once in my room, I take deep breathes trying to gain the courage to go back for my apple.