four

CHAPTER FOUR:

" FOOL FOR Y- "

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

575 B.C | babylion

SPRITE ENCHANTED all with her amazing ability to conjure up illusions, the sound of her soft voice blended well with the story she was telling.

The people of babylion drank and danced chatter filling the room as they enjoyed the festivities and celebrated surviving the deviants.

Rhea wore a dress hand crafted by some of the women from the village and danced with the children, flowers tucked into her hair like a flower crown of daisies.

She twirled throwing her head back in laughter, as they compliment her.

A hand gently captures hers in a soft squeeze and spins her faster, a man from the village she had come to know as Roland smiled back at her.

"Enjoying the festivities, Rhea?" He asked.

"Indeed I am," the other celestial watched as the village boy tried his best to woo Rhea, his blissful arrogance shutting out the angry mind controlling celestial a few feet away.

Ajax wouldn't approve but he couldn't help it, his jaw clenched and he hid his closed fist behind he's back away from the mortals that may grow scared of him.

Druig's eyes no longer were brown but the amber that signalled the use of his powers.

Rhea's smile dropped at Roland's sudden exit, she glanced over at her friend and suddenly felt angry.

This was the first time she found herself getting angry at the fellow celestial, he sensed her anger and shrunk back into the shadows, he's eyes no longer glowing amber.

She stormed over to him eyebrows narrowed, "why must you do that? You know I hate it when you don't let me make friends!"

Druig scoffed, "he didn't want to be friends."

"He was dancing with me, I dance with my other friends all the time."

He tries walking away but she catches his wrist with her hand, a frown on her lips as she speaks.

"Why don't you ever explain yourself?"

Druig turned and cupped her face, "boys don't want to be your friend, Rhea. You're stunning, a goddess.... they want more."

Confused Rhea backs away, "I want to be their friend."

"They want you like I want you," he whispers. Druig steps forward and his nose brushes over hers as he's lips near Rhea's.

She gasps, air caught in the back of her throat.

"You're a fool," he whispers breath fanning over her lips.

As the warmth floods to her face, Rhea thanks himself silently for backing into such a dark corner not wanting to embarrass herself any further.

"Please," she whispers. "Just please..."

Druig's lips are all she can focus on, they were so close now that she could feel his breath on her lips and practically taste them.

Rhea had never wanted something more ever in her life than right now, uncertainty crept through her veins as his grip begun to slip.

His hands caressed her face, "if we go there, I will break your heart."

Rhea pleaded with her eyes, "then don't break my heart." She begged.

Druig had issues with people, they had all figured it out one way or another. She had been lucky enough to break open his shell and reach the gooey centre he hid from the others.

But moments like this reminded her that he could just as easily shut her out as he was letting her in.

He didn't want to do this, he wanted to live as equals by her side.

His mind continued to over power him, the irony being that he was usually in charge.

"I'm a fool," she mumbles. "Fool for y-"

He presses a finger against her lips shushing her immediately.

"Don't say it."

Rhea gasped shakily as he pulled away.

He stepped back into the crowds and disappeared amongst the dancing villagers.

She stayed in the shadows feeling a wet substance run down her face, she raises a hand and touches the substance.

Rhea was crying for the first time ever.

Druig had been her first.

And the exact first that he had feared becoming.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬