seven

CHAPTER SEVEN:
" it's been too long, old friend "

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

2023 | india

THE ETERNALS have seen a lot in their lifetime, they've seen people eaten by creatures that they shouldn't co-exist with and they've seen humans be their own downfall but nothing could've prepared them for this, Kingo dancing in the midst of a large musical number on a movie set that he had been promoting on his social media accounts.

Rhea was in cloud nine, the smile on her face was brighter than the sun itself as her eyes followed Kingo's body around the crowd, there was a burst of colour and absolutely beautiful humans dancing with him - she knew nothing of this certain culture but there was absolutely no denying that it was pleasant for the eyes and ears.

"Hello," a shorter man approached. "I'm Karun, Kingo's valet. It's truly an honour to be in the presence of the great eternals."

The others turned to the man in surprise as Kingo spoke, "cut! Okay everyone, that was a good."

Rhea mustered up a smile acknowledging this Karun with a nod, the happy scream that comes from Kingo taking everyone by surprise. "Ah! My friends from college are here."

A breathy chuckle parts her lips as he approaches, the energy that surrounded Kingo was like a breath of fresh air - he was easily compared to the first ray of sunlight that breaks through the crowd after a large storm, always the one to comfort and check on you.

Although, it felt like hundreds of years since Rhea had a conversation with him. The man was so caught up in the ramblings of his movies that none of them were able to get in and break the news about Ajax, no one seemed to eager for it.

Until, Sprite rips the bandaid off. "Ajax is dead." Kingo turns in his seat pulling himself away from his reflection in the mirror.

"She was killed. It was a deviant." Ikaris added, "the deviants survived. We don't know how many there are. We need you to come with us."

Kingo glanced over at Rhea who gave him a tight lipped smile, the eternal nodding.

"Let's get the band back together."

《<>》

THE ETERNALS lounged lazily on Kingo's private jet, Rhea gawking at the luxurious interior whilst sipping happily on the bourbon that rested in the palm of her hand. She wished that their reunion was on better terms.