five

CHAPTER FIVE:
" ITS OVER? "

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

2023 | new orleans

2023 | new orleans

THE FRENCH quarter was full of tourists covering every inch of the streets, a drink in hand and Mardi gras beans hanging around their necks.

Of course, they had no idea what Mardi gras was or when it happened but it didn't seem to bother the locals that laughed at the drunk Americans stumbling around and getting along with people.

Rhea sat in a small bar with a glass of bourbon in hand, a large smile adorned her expression as she pondered silently.

The jazz band standing on stage played effortlessly, the music was loud and the ones who had downed enough alcohol danced before them.

Tyson Reed was in the middle of the dance circle, his dirty blonde hair messy, eyes crinkled as a smile adorned his face.

The glass rested on her cherry red lips and the liquid filled her mouth, alcohol had become more than just a fun time lately. It was now more like a best friend, everywhere Rhea went a bottle of bourbon followed.

Tyson turned and walked towards her, she placed the glass down and slid off her seat.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her to he's chest, she blushed furiously as his lips met hers in a long kiss.

By the time he finally let her breathe, her lips were red and swollen.

"Are you having a good time, my love?" He questioned, Rhea's nose scrunched up as the stench of beer polluted her air ways.

"I'm having a great time," she lied through gritted teeth pushing him away slightly so she could inhale without feeling nauseous.

Rhea had no doubt of his good intentions but there was something about Tyson Reed that she couldn't put her finger on.

He was beautiful but it was that damned smile that caught her eye.

The same smile that he flashed her once more, his eyes were screaming 'I love you' but the smile that was starting to slip said 'I wish you loved me too'

Rhea really wished she loved him back.

"Je pense que tu as fini de boire pour la nuit, mon amour" Rhea spoke softly.