Chapter five: Five years later with Hiccup and Astrid

It has been five years since they were banished from Berk and life couldn't be better for Hiccup and Astrid. They had found an Island a few days after leaving Berk which they decided to name Dragon's Edge. Living on the edge was quiet except for the occasional scuffles with dragon hunters. They had gained allies as well, such as the Defenders of the wing, who welcome them with open arms upon hearing their tale, the Wing Maidens who are friendly with the pair, the dragon preservers, a reformed dragon hunter tribe led by a redeemed Viggo, and surprisingly, the Berserker tribe led by a reformed Dagur assisted by his sister Heather.

Nine months after leaving Berk they welcomed a new member to their family. Zephyr Haddock was a bright young girl who had her father's auburn hair and her mother's bright blue eyes. Both love her to bits and so do their dragons. They had even gotten married a year after leaving Berk with Mala of the Defenders of the Wing heading the ceremony.

Right now Astrid was with Zephyr while helping Starlight care for her 6 month old hatchlings. The hatchlings were Dart, black upper body and white belly with her mothers blue eyes, Ruffrunner, black body with white markings on his ears and tail with green eyes, and Pouncer, white body with black markings on his ears and tail with the same green eyes as his brother.

They heard a roar and looked out to see Hiccup and Toothless landing outside their home before walking in. Hiccup immediately heads towards Astrid giving her a hug and kissing her deeply. While Toothless went to nuzzle against Starlight.

"Welcome home honey." Astrid greeted as soon as they separated from the kiss. Zephyr then walks towards her father holding her hands out for him to pick her up which Hiccup happily does.

"Daddy!!" Zephyr cheered as soon as she was lifted into her father's arms and snuggled against him.

"How's my little girl?" Hiccup asked as he hugged his daughter and kissed the top of her head.

"Good, me and mommy had fun." Zephyr answered, smiling brightly.

"Well daddy's here now so we can all have fun as a family ok?" Hiccup asked and Zephyr nodded happily.

"How was the trip to Berserker island?" Astrid asked once they sat down to eat.

"Dagur was happy with the final preparations for his and Mala's wedding." Hiccup answered and started eating, "Just needed my opinion on things before we head out in a couple of days."

Astrid couldn't wait. They were to head out in a couple of days and stay on Berserker Island for the week of the wedding before heading home. She was also excited about what comes after the wedding. Once Dagur and Mala return from their honeymoon Mala will assume the role of chieftess with Throk taking over as King. During the honeymoon Heather will be in charge of the island but when the newlyweds return Heather will be moving permanently to Dragon's Edge to be close to her best friend, her godchild, and the friend she considers a brother, with her razorwhip Windshear.

"Well, they are happy together, that is all that matters." Astrid said after a bit to Hiccup's agreement before they spent time as a family before going to bed.

Three days later they were about to take off for Berserker island for Dagur and Mala's wedding. Zephyr was strapped to Starlight's saddle with both riders mounting their dragons. Since the hatchlings are still too young to fly, they are being left in the care of Stormfly, a Deadly Nadder who is the resident hatchling caretaker.

"Don't worry Starlight," Astrid tried to sooth the worried mother. "They will be right here when we get back okay." Starlight cooed, her worry lessened a bit, and got ready to take off.

"Let's go." Hiccup called out as he and Toothless took off quickly followed by Astrid Zephyr and Starlight. Destination: Berserker Island.

After flying for a couple of hours they arrived on Berserker Island to see ships from the Defenders and Preservers at the docks, as well as baby razorwhips resting near the island's dragon hanger. Hiccup and Astrid guided their dragons to land in front of the hanger and dismounted upon touchdown. The two dragons quickly greeted the other dragons before falling asleep after the long flight while Hiccup and Astrid went to find Dagur and Heather.

"Brother!" Dagur greeted and as soon as they were in reach wrapped Hiccup in a bone crushing hug.

"Dagur, can't breathe." Hiccup wheezed out and the Berserker chief let go with a sheepish look on his face.

"Astrid!" Heather greeted and hugged Astrid and poked Zephyr's nose. "Hello there Zephyr."

"Hi auntie Heather." Zephyr laughed as she waved at Heather.

"Ready to head to the inn?" Dagur asked as soon as greetings were finished.

"More than." Hiccup agreed, ready to rest after a long day of flying.