Chapter nine: The Deal and the Volunteers

"So what will it be Jorgenson?" The chiefs asked while looking at them intently.

The Jorgensons are in a lose lose situation but fortunately for everyone present they nodded despite the fact that they would rather keep their positions along with the dragon raids but that will isolate berk and they both know that a tribe is incapable of surviving without trading from the other tribes.

The chiefs then approached the trio near the two dragons and were surprised at what they saw.

The black dragon was on his back, a look of ecstasy on the dragon's face, with a laughing Cami rubbing the dragon's belly. The chiefs then caught their attention and Cami looked up embarrassed at having been caught laughing with a childlike glow.

"So, do we have a deal?" Hiccup asked once he noticed the chiefs.

"We have a deal Dragon Master." Mogadon replied, shaking hands with Hiccup before turning back towards his ships.

"Looks like I know who Bog's volunteer will be." Bertha teased looking at her daughter who had a hopeful look in her eyes before turning back towards.

"Bye Haddock, bye Hofferson." Cami bid the pair goodbye with a smile.

"It's Haddock." Astrid corrected to gasps from the Berkians but Cami just gave the pair one last hug before running after her mother.

Hiccup and Astrid looked at the Berkian delegation and saw them all glaring at them except for Stoick and Gobber. Gobber waved cheerfully at them while Stoick looked like he wanted to say something but couldn't find the words. The Jorgensons were glaring hatefully at the pair as their plans for power were foiled in a single day. The rest of the Jorgenson supporters also glared at the duo before turning back to the ship with the rest of the Berkians to make the trip back home.

"That was to be expected." Hiccup said to Astrid before they both mounted their dragons and returned to their island.

A couple of days later when the delegation returned to Berk they made the announcement that the Dragon Master had agreed to aid the archipelago. Cheers rang out until someone asked if they knew the Identity of the Dragon Master. When Snotlout answered that Hiccup was the Dragon Master and added that Astrid was the Dragon Mistress the crowd was shocked to silence.

Of all the people they thought the Dragon Master was, they would never have expected that it was Hiccup and Astrid under those masks. This was when they realised that the two teens might never come back even if they were pardoned because they had definitely traded up in their lives.

When they heard the requests of the Dragon Master the first person who immediately came into thought was Fishlegs to volunteer. The twins wanted to volunteer but were disappointed that only one would be accepted per island and if any of their terms were broken, the Hiccup would drop helping the archipelago altogether.

When the request of the removal of the Jorgensons from their positions of power was brought up. Spitelout and Snotlout were both smug as they thought the whole tribe would be against that. One can only laugh at their shocked expressions as over half the tribe cheered in joy at the news that the requests were all accepted.

"Who would like to volunteer for this research mission?" Stoick noticed everyone was looking at Fishlegs as he said this and looked at the teen himself. Fishlegs had a look of excitement in his eyes and he knew then that Fishlegs would be the perfect candidate.

"Fishlegs, pack your bags, you will depart when the other volunteers arrive here on their final stop before travelling to the Dragon Master's home island." Stoick told Fishlegs who nodded in excitement before heading to pack to the amusement of his parents.

It was two weeks later and Fishlegs was now on a ship with the other volunteers and were about to arrive at the island the meeting took place in. They anchored off shore and waited as they were told for their hosts to arrive.

Looking at the horizon they spotted a dragon approaching and all the volunteers except for Cami reached for their weapons.

"Stop and lower those weapons, Now!" Cami yelled as soon as she realized what was happening.

The dragon got closer and proceeded to land on the ship and that is when they noticed the riders and realized that they were about to attack the Dragon Master.

"Thanks Cami." came the voice of the Dragon Master who removed his helmet revealing the face of Hiccup Haddock.

"Alright, did you bring the rope?" Hiccup asked and they handed him the rope so he could tie the ropes to their dragons' saddles.

Once tied, they proceeded to pull the boat in the direction of Dragon's Edge. Upon arriving Hiccup docked the ship and led the volunteers to his home.

"Welcome to Dragon's Edge." Hiccup announced while the volunteers were looking around and spotted a woman with blonde hair wearing a blue tunic, red vest, and shoulder pads, along with blue leggings, brown boots, and a brown spiked skirt walking towards them.

"Astrid?" Fishlegs asked in shock and to the volunteers surprise, Cami walked up and gave Astrid a hug in greeting.

"My name is Astrid Haddock and welcome to our home." Astrid greeted them while gesturing to the area around them.

They looked around to see the main training arena in the center of everything. A forge of to left with a weapons shed next to it. A food store house near a large central building that Hiccup referred to as the Edge Hall. Seven Huts arranged in a line up on a cliff face with platforms connecting all the locations. A large building with large sliding doors and what looks like a landing pad. And the final building was a house larger than what they were going to sleep in. They then looked up to see numerous dragons flying freely around the island and all they could think of was that this just got a whole lot more exciting.