Chapter sixteen: Ending

It had been two years since the end of the dragon raids and life couldn't be better for Hiccup and Astrid. A year after the battle they welcomed a brand new member to their family. Nuffink Haddock was an energetic young boy with her mother's blonde hair and his father's green eyes.

Their relationship with the Berkians is still rocky but in recognition of their assistance in ending the raids, Hiccup and Astrid were given full pardons for all past offenses and were invited back to live in Berk. Hiccup and Astrid thanked the council for the offer but they decided to stay on Dragon's Edge but extended an invite for them to visit as long as they let them know in advance.

Stoick was disappointed but as he promised, he said nothing and left them to live their lives the way they desired. With the resulting peace between vikings and dragons the only candidate who qualifies Stoick's new requirements for heir is Fishlegs. Fishlegs was shocked but respectfully accepted his new responsibilities.

The volunteers were now the dragon trainers of their respective tribes, except for Cami, who gave her status as heir to the Bogs to her younger sister to join Hiccup, Astrid, and Heather for a life of adventure. Things are getting better with the end of the raids but dragon hunters and trappers are still out there.

Right now though, Hiccup and Astrid can now rest in the fact that the raids are over and peace has come to the archipelago.

(Somewhere North)

A ship is pulling up next to a massive barge in the middle of a lagoon. As soon as the ship is docked the captain heads up to the deck of the larger ship and requests to see the boss. They lead him to a large man looking over the bow of the ship into the waters below.

"Boss, the trappers you sent to the archipelago are here." The guard said, catching the attention of the man.

"Leave us." The man ordered in a gruff voice before turning to the captain of the smaller ship, "What new dragons did you capture while venturing into the archipelago?"

"None sir." The captain replied to confusion from the man who gestured for him to continue with a scowl. "We captured no dragons, as per your orders to avoid attracting attention by only capturing dragons at the request of the chiefs, but when we started asking the various tribes we were denied by every single one of them."

"Why would they do that?" The man asked. "The archipelago was supposedly besieged by raids. There should have been plenty of opportunities for you."

The man looked ashamed before looking up at his boss with a slight scowl.

"Because the raids are no longer a problem there." The captain replied. "We tried to look for any tribe that was under attack by dragons but when I arrived at each tribe, dragons were seen lounging in the middle of the villages and on top of homes."

"Do we know who caused this?" The man asked, clearly intrigued by the information.

"When I asked, all they said was that the Dragon Master and the Dragon Mistress were responsible." The captain answered his curious boss.

"I will let your lack of dragons slide since this information is incredibly valuable." the man said to the relieved captain. "But I have a new mission for you instead."

"What is it sir?" The captain asked.

"Find this Dragon Master and Dragon Mistress." The man said in a way that left no room for argument. "Capture them and bring them to me."

"Yes sir." The captain responded with a bow before turning to return to his ship to begin resupplying his ship and informing his crew of their new mission.

AN

And that is the end of this book. The sequel release is still TBD