Chapter 1

Oct 7, 2015, 3:45 am

MarsMoon
hi..

Oct 7, 2015, 4:25 am

JayAboveTheCoulds
Hey!

MarsMoon
Sorry for messaging
so late but, have to tell
you bye.

JayAboveTheCoulds
What exactly do you mean
when you say bye?

MarsMoon
Well my phone is
getting taken away...
Idk for how long. so
I'm saying, bye, in case
It's longer than expected
I'm sorry if it seems like I'm
leaving because I'm tired of
you or something. I just
care about you, so you
deserve to know.

JayAboveTheCoulds
I understand, it's okay.
You better be back
soon though. I'll miss you.
Talk in the future, Mars!

MarsMoon
I.... Bye Jay.
Love you, Jay.

JayAboveTheCoulds
Aww, I love you too
online bestie!
________________________________

October 7th, 2015

Markus felt the wind moving quickly against his back and could hear the swishing around his ear. Then he felt the impact throughout his body, and heard ringing. Then, after what felt like forever he heard sirens, becoming louder, and louder, the closer the ambulance approached.
________________________________

6  Years Later

(Jayden)

"First year living together! Let's go!" Skyler said exactly as she put down the last box out of the moving truck. "These next 2 years are going to be a blast!"

"Calm yourself." Jayden said kindly, as he patted the blonde's shoulder.

"Sorry, I'm excited!" She looked up at Jayden, her green eyes seems brighter than normal as she crossed her arms.

Jayden sighed softly with a slight giggle. "So, I assume you are going to Amy's party she's throwing?" The curly haired brunette asked his face going back to the regular straight face he always has.

"I mean I do want to become closer to her, and one way to do that would be going to her party and talking to her." She said biting her pink stained lip at the end of her sentence.

"You do realize that she has only ever dated guys, right?" Jayden asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

Skyler looked up and into Jayden's blue eyes. "Yes, but she has never actually shared her sexuality, so there's still a chance." She laughed.

"Whatever floats your boat." He laughed and then sighed.

Jayden pulled out his phone, and pulled up Instagram to check his direct messages.

"Whoever that asshole is, sure is lucky." Skyler commented in an annoyed voice, making Jayden sigh.

"What makes you say that?" Jayden asked

"Well they still have you checking for responses everyday, and it's been what, 4 years?" Skyler asked.

"6 years." Jayden corrected, closing his phone when he saw no reply.

"How can you be so stupid? It's obvious that this person doesn't care, they've ghosted you for 6 god damn years." She explained, annoyed.

"I'm sure they just haven't been able to." Jayden said quietly.

"Uh huh? I swear you have too much faith in people. With how sweet you are you deserve better." Skyler said sweetly.

"Sky, I was friends with them for a long time, I was friends with them way before we met in 9th grade." Jayden said, trying to justify why he had so much faith in Mars.

"Yeah, but unlike whoever that is, I've never ghosted you, and messaged you almost every other day." Sky said crossing her arms.

"Enough, I trust they just haven't been able to, and I don't care what you say." Jayden stated as he stacked a few boxes and started heading upstairs.

"What time does your class start again Jay!?" Sky yelled as he made almost to the top of the stairs.

"Around 12:30pm!" He yelled back.

Sky checked her watch. "2 hours! Got it!"

________________________________

(Markus)

Markus sighed pushing back his black hair back with some water as there was a knock at the door.

"Markus, your sister is at the door!" Markus's roommate John yelled, even though they were in a small enough dorm that yelling was in called for.

Markus sighed, annoyed by John, nothing new. "Got it." He said quietly grabbing his bag and keys. Markus opened the door and quickly walked out.

"Such a loud new roommate." Karla commented.

"Yeah, yeah." Markus mumbled as they walked out of the dorms walking to his truck.

He opened the door to his red truck for his sister, and she got in happily thanking him with a nod as he got in the driver's seat.

They drove in silence to the first building of classes, until he came to a stop to drop her off.

"So, are you ready for a few more years of me?" Karla asked happily.

"Luckily it's only two years and not all three." He said with a blank expression, and a monotone  voice.

"You're so boring." Karla sighed, opening the door. "I wish you were the old you." She said sadly getting out.

As soon as the door closed he started driving. He had a few hours to kill until his first class, so he decided a drive would be nice.

Markus wasn't always so quiet, he used to talk a lot. Markus was always the outgoing type, at least that's what everyone else saw. No one ever really knew him, except for Jay.

Jay was Markus's best friend for so long, and now he can't even long at Instagram without feeling like a jerk.

Markus didn't have any friends now. All he had was his truck and college, and that was all that mattered to him. He isn't planning for a family or even any friends, just a job that he can live with. Nothing more, nothing less.

I mean it's not like anyone would ever truly care anyways. He's never been important, at least, not in his mind.