Chapter 11

(Markus)

I woke up early and sighed looking at my phone seeing the time "6:45am". I took a deep breath as I quietly looked around, noticing it was still almost dark outside. I got up quietly and headed towards the door grabbing my coat off the counter.

"Leaving this early in the morning?" I heard Skyler ask from behind me as she flicked on a light and yawned. "Why don't you stay for breakfast?" She asked, making me sigh.

"S-Sure." I mumbled sighing as I went to sit at the table putting my coat down.

"So, what exactly happened yesterday?" Skyler asked opening the bottom cabinet near the stove.

"I drove him home and we just hung out." I explained and she nodded.

"He's never been the best at making friends you know." Skyler stated. "The only reason I was ever his friend was because I kinda forced my way into his life, which I don't regret at all. He's a great person and I'm glad to have him as my friend." She said sweetly. "So, him making a new friend is a big step for him." She explained.

"I-I'm not the best at making friends either." I explained quietly.

"We only have eggs and bread at the moment, are eggs and toast okay with you?" She asked, looking my way.

I nodded. "Yeah sure." I answered.

"So your sister is Karla?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yeah." I answered while running my hand through my hair, as I felt my legs bounce slightly.

"So, you come from quite a wealthy family don't you?" Skyler asked.

"Somewhat, y-yeah." I mumbled.

"You know I've noticed one thing about you that sticks out in my mind, and that is the fact of how silent you are." She said cracking an egg.

"Jayden said I'm very quiet as well." I stated she nodded.

"There is nothing wrong with you being quiet, but you remind me a little too much of how Jayden used to be." Skyler sighed softly almost like a little sigh of relief. "He was always very closed off in school. Always on his phone, wearing earbuds and ignoring the world, and part of me slightly misses that, so seeing how similar you are to him makes me happy. I feel he will end up being your best friend." She said with a smile.

Instead of replying I sat in silence. I wasn't sure why she was telling me all of this, but hearing that made me feel even more connected to him then I already felt. "I haven't had a best friend in a long time." I mumble seeing her in the corner of my eye staring at me.

"Maybe she is right, we could be best friends if we tried." I thought silently to myself. "But, I don't think I could ever be that close. Especially with my trust issues, it would be hard to be friends with him, but I am willing to try." I told myself in my head. "I will try." I told myself. "I will."