Chapter 8

(Markus)

I followed Jayden into the cafeteria quietly.

"Hey, there you two are!" A girl with curly blonde hair and green eyes, said happily.

"Skylar! this is Markus, Markus this is Skylar." Jayden said gesturing between us.

Skylar held out a hand towards me, and I stared a moment be for shaking her hand softly. She had a very firm handshake which i wasn't expecting at all.

"So, you're Markus! I honestly was shocked to hear that this idiot here even made a new friend." Skylar said, punching him in the shoulder with a small laugh. "Anyways, let's grab some food!"

I nodded as we headed towards the line, which was short as always, we paid for our trays and went and sat down together. It was strange sitting in the cafeteria, I was so used to eating in my car I almost forgot how uncomfortable the chairs are.

"So, Markus, Jayden, how did your presentation go?" Skylar asked curiously.

"It went well, but I won't lie, Markus did most of it." Jayden admitted.

"N-Not really, I just read off all of our information about each artist." I explained as I looked at Jayden seeing a large smile on his face.

"Yes but that was a lot more than you had to do, and I really appreciate that." Jayden explained, and I felt the warmth raising to my cheeks.

"Well that was nice of you Markus." Skyler said, looking at me with a warm smile. "Jayden can have social anxiety, mostly with presentations or talking out loud, so that is very nice of you." She explained as I looked her way.

"Hey! Could you not share things I haven't mentioned to him yet?" Jayden asked, cocking head to the side, making Skyler laugh.

"Well, Markus, may I ask, do you like parties?" Skyler asked me.

I stayed silent for a second thinking I've the last time I went to one. "It's been a very long time since I've b-been to one, but they seem fun." I explained and she smiled slightly more.

"Well there is a party happening tomorrow, and I think it would be nice to have you come with me and Jayden." She said happily.

"What?" I heard Jayden say as we was shooting a glare at Skyler.

"I-I mean I wouldn't mind accompanying you two." I mumbled out, nearly stumbling on my words.

"Really!?" Skyler yelled, jumping up, causing me to flench. "I honestly wasn't expecting a yes, you kinda seem like the one to avoid parties and shit." She explained quickly.

"W-Well, depending on who's house it is my sisters more than likely would be going." I explained and she nodded as I slowly took a bite of my salad.

"It is Clarissa Nightingale's party!" Skyler stated.

"O-Oh her birthday is tomorrow huh?" I hummed the end of the question.

"Yeah!" Skyler seemed to be lite up with smiles.

"My sister I a good friend of hers and will be spending the night tomorrow so it's a win win." I explained and she nodded happily.

I went silent as I continued eating and simply listened to their conversation.

"So, any answer yet?" Skyler asked Jayden, seeming annoyed.

"Same as always, but they will say something when they can." Jayden explained, and I was a little confused but didn't ask.

"Yeah, yeah, so you drive a truck?" Skyler looked my way.

"Y-Yeah." I answered.

"It looks old, but still in good condition. I bet you have some people that are in love with a truck like that." She explained happily and I nodded.

"Possibly." I mumbled.

"You're very quiet." Skyler stated.

"I get that a lot." I said and she nodded

My phone then went off, I quickly looked and saw a text from my sister saying she needed a drive.

"I got to go." I explained quickly, grabbing my stuff and heading for the door.

________________________________

(Jayden)

As I watched Markus leave I sighed.

"Why exactly did you invite him to the party?" I asked and she giggled.

"Well I was already going to make you go, so I invited him to give you a friend that you can hang out with, maybe then you won't be as bored at a party. I know the main reason you don't go is because you don't know anyone, but now you do!" Skyler explained with a smile.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I honestly think I made him uncomfortable by inviting him to sit with us." I explained and she tilted her head to the side.

"What makes you say that? He didn't seem that bothered." She asked.

"Well, he did say when I invited him he doesn't usually eat in front of people, which was definitely noticeable, he barely even eat the small salad he got." I explained starting to feel bad for inviting him.

"It's fine I'm sure, it's probably new to him, but he didn't seem too uncomfortable." Sky said, patting my back. "Plus I don't think he'll just stop talking to you or anything." She said with a laugh.

I sighed as I looked out the glass doors, seeing him quickly getting in the car. "Guess we'll see him tomorrow anyways." I mumbled softly