-- NOT ALONE?

'what's wrong?' you ask.
it's been two weeks and i guess you finally felt the urge to ask me why i've been so sad

'well..'

> there's a she that i know that really would rather be a he instead but it doesn't work like that because they will still call him 'her' and disrespect him. they will eat his soul. tear it to shreds and consume it with relish, he knows. oh, he knows what they would do if they knew he wanted to be a he. so he suffers under the illusion of a she: quietly, quietly, painfully. how do i help him? i could fight the world but it still wouldn't be enough.

> there's a little boy with a mess of thread in his head and he cries too much and feels too much and likes pink too much. god, he's only 13, he's already 13, and 13 year old boys don't cry or like pink. the threads are woven in black but they used to be in color, and he's dying inside, really, he is. 'does anyone see?' he wants to scream from the rooftops. he wants to tell someone the strings have all rotted black. 'help me' he wants to say. god, please someone help him i think he's fading away.

> there's only bigots in power and earth feels like it's gravitating into the sun and we're just watching and waiting for it to happen. but what if i want to run away? these loud mouthed people keep telling me what to do and promising pretty lies but they won't do anything and i don't know why. i thought they were supposed to help they said they would take care of the planet but they keep arguing with the other loud mouthed people in the big white buildings. these people in the fancy suits and educated words, i don't trust them anymore. they lied to me and lied to me. but i still don't want the earth to collide with the sun, what do i do? can we all just move to the moon— say you'll come with me, please, promise me we'll run away and be happy in a little cottage together. we'll be alone but i'll still have you and you'll still have me.

'..ah it's nothing, i've just been stressed lately'

( i'll love you,
even as the
earth burns
around us .
i always will,
but, will you? )