Building and crashing

*battery life at 100%* Thank you for waiting*

"What is that?" Atom looked down at the plate of pancakes in front of them with confusion evident on their face.

"It's food dude" Amethyst stated while wrapping her pancakes in a burrito form before shoving it down her mouth in one big gulp. "It's some weird thing that humans grow before they eat it."

Atom looked back at her with the look that can only be described as 'I was literally born yesterday how do you expect me to know what food is?' Or 'I'm a robot, I can't eat food' The only time they had encountered "food" was when they found the fuzzy mound of something in Amethyst's room.

Amethyst just laughed and took their plate just as her door opened.

"Finally!" Atom jumped up from their seat before walking towards the door with Amethyst trailing behind them.

"So what exactly where you looking for again?"  The two walked through piles of trash and other bits of random items the Amethyst collected over her years at the temple. Atom dug their hand into a pile of metal objects before they pulled out a small battery pack.

"I need two wheels, some gears and an electro magnetic connecting device with an electrical outlet for my power" Amethyst shook her head, trying to wrap her head around what the robot just said. "And some led lights"

"Good luck finding all of that in here A-bomb" Amethyst then heads off to a random corner of her room followed by a small crash.

Atom walks around for a while, searching each pile of trash, finding exactly what they need after an hour, they find Amethyst eating what use to be a burrito and is now a rotten mess.

"I am glad that I don't have smell receptors"

"A-bomb! Surprised that you didn't get lost in there" Amethyst eats the rotten food without batting an eye causing Atom to shudder slightly.

They give a small thumbs up "now to build it" The two exit Amethysts room and dump their pile of materials down in the main area.

"Is there anyone technologically advanced in the crystal gems?" Atom says while sorting through the electronics and two wheels.

"I guess P is but I don't think she is that chill with you at the moment dude"

"Did I do something wrong?" She shakes her head.

"It's just cause you're new and P hasn't warmed up to you yet, don't take it personally dude" Atom looks slightly down trodden still. "But hey, I might not know what that electro thingy was but I can help"

"Okay"

~~~

It was around the middle of the day when Amethyst and Atom had finished making their "roller skates" (basically the wheels that Gogo from big hero 6 built but more metallic) that were electrically powered by Atoms left over energy. Steven ended up joining the two and making slight conversation with them as they work. Now all they have to do is test it out.

The trio made their way to a road on and around the mountain next to beach city that was usually used for street races, where not many normal cars have been seen driving there.

"Ready for a test drive?" Steven shouts at the opposite end of the road along with Amethyst.
"Send it A-bomb!"

Atom nods and gets into a starting position.

*energy redirecting to light disks*

As the disks power up, Atom looks ahead with a determined look on their face. This would be the first time they have built anything like this except when [REDACTED] got them to build a [REDACTED]

As soon as the disks are fully powered up Atom speeds down the road surpassing Steven and Amethyst who were yelling sometimes at Atom but only just registers in their mind when is is almost too late.

Steven and Amethyst yelled out to Atom as they realised what was heading straight for them. "Watch out for the car!" A yellow race car squealed around the corner and came face to face with Atom.

Only when they turned around did they notice their grave mistake. It seemed as if time slowed down when Pearl jumped in to the almost crash and pulled Atom along with her as the two went plummeting off the side of the cliff.

Branches snap and so do arms as the two crash into a tree, causing Atoms arms to come flying off with the sheer amount of force that they tried to prevent with sticking their arms out.

When the two finally stop, Atom sits up with a groan accompanied by Pearl who has some scratches similar to the ones on Atoms body.

*warning: you seem to be missing both of your arms* please see a medical professional*

"Are you alri- Oh my where are your arms!" Pearl is panicking way more than Atom at the moment. Pearl starts to frantically search for their arms, finding them sticking out of a bush.

She brings them over to Atom and sets them on the ground in front of them. "What are we going to do! Why were you going so fast! How did you make those THINGS! Where are we?"

"Pearl, can you put the correct arm to where it connects on my torso and just hold it there until it connects" Pearl stops her rambling and does what Atom says. The arms connect back to the correct place with a small thunk.

Atom moves their arms around before standing up. "Thank you for saving me Pearl" Pearl looks confused that they just brushed off crashing into a tree and lost both of their arms.

"What were you even doing to cause you to be going so far?" Atom disconnects the disks from their shoes causing the light to go off and hands them to Pearl, who takes them with much interest.

"You made these?" Pearl looks up at Atom who is nodding.

"With the company of Steven and Amethyst of course" They smile but Pearl frowns. "Did I do something wrong Pearl?"

She perks up and shakes her head quickly. "Of course not why would you think that!" Pearl looks slightly offended.

"For my first few days here you avoided me like the plague and Amethyst said that you didn't really trust me so it had a high chance of being the correct outcome"

"I uhh" Pearl is stuck to find the correct words so Atom speaks instead.

"I don't know why but I just want to be your friends and even if it will take long time, it will be my goal until the end of time" Atom says with a determined look on their face to mirror their determination for their goal.

Before Pearl can speak Amethyst and Steven run down the hill and fold over with their hands on their knees as they take deep breaths.

"Are you two okay!?"

"Dude what happened!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~