Bismuth pt3!!

After an entire afternoon of fun human activities that Steven had shown the gems and Atom like eating and watching a movie. The night has set as Steven was setting up a temporary bed for Bismuth while Atom is sitting on the floor.

"Bismuth, you can chill out here tonight and... sleep, if you want to." Steven lays a blanket on the couch for Bismuth.

"You know what? I think I'll give it a try. I like these new Crystal Gem rituals." Bismuth states.

"You know, usually, when I meet a new Gem, they try and kill me and it takes me forever to become friends with them. I guess I mean, I'm really glad you're here." Steven smiles.

"For the record I didn't try and kill you." Atom says as they raise their hand.

"Except Atom, they just kinda froze."

"Could've fooled me!" Bismuth laughs. "Glad to have another chance. So, tomorrow, you gonna show me what you got on the battlefield?"

"Oh, I mean, I-I would, but, most of my weapons are for defence." Steven summons his shield. "Oh, except for one."

Steven pulls out Rose's sword out of Lion's mane, and Bismuth gasps in awe. "Rose's sword. My finest piece of work." Bismuth holds the sword in her hands.

"You made that?" Atom stares at the well crafted pink blade.

"Of course. Rose Quartz changed my life. I came to Earth thinking this was just another colony. Build another arena for important fighters to fight in. Build another spire for important thinkers to think in. And then, I met her. Just another Quartz soldier, made right here in the dirt, but she was different. And she was different because she decided to be. And she asked me what I wanted to build, and I'd never heard that before. And Gems never hear they can be anything other than what they are, but Rose opened our eyes."

"Everybody always tells me how great Mom was. I just don't feel like I can ever measure up to her." Steven sighs making Atom pat him on the shoulder.

"I can't believe this, that I'm the one giving the pep talk to Rose's... Rose's...?"

"...Son." Steven says.

"Right. You are different. That's what's so exciting. You don't have to be like Rose Quartz. You can be someone even better. You can be you. And you know what? You deserve an even better weapon." Bismuth stands up and shrugs off the blanket. "You should come too Atom, I'm sure you would like to see what I've built."

~~~

Inside of the forge, the three stand next to each other. "I designed this sword for a fair fight." Bismuth inspects Rose's sword. "It can cut through a Gem's physical form in an instant! Destroying the body, but never the Gem."

"Cool." Steven says.

"But... Homeworld doesn't fight fair. That's why we need a different strategy." Bismuth winks and clicks tongue.

"Ohh. Whoa."

Bismuth shapeshifts her hand into a screwdriver and turns a giant screw on the floor, causing a panel to lower her, Steven and Atom into a room at the lower floor, similar to a room used to try out different weapons.

"I was working on a weapon that would've been a gamechanger. Homeworld knows how to hit us where it counts, but we can do everything they can do, and better. Here it is: the weapon that would've won the war." Bismuth brandishes a weapon, similar to a pile bunker, in her arm.

"Whoa! What is it?"

"I call it, a Breaking Point." She shows off the weapon with a proud look in her eye.