Glowing green

A rumble echoes across beach city, waking Atom up from their charging sleep and making them fall onto the floor.

"What's going on?" They ask an empty house and look out to across the beach, only to see a green hand ship slowly fly towards the city.

Atom jumps up and unplugs their cable, they see the crystal gems standing in front of the beach house with a telescope and Steven running up to them.

They rush down to meet the gems as Steven looks through the telescope with Greg behind him. "I wanna see!"

As Atom makes it downstairs and stands next to Amethyst, Garnet gives off the next command. "Ready the light cannons!"

The A duo run upstairs and pulls a cart with one of the light cannons, dragging the cannon to the front balcony.

"What is this thing?" Atom dumps the handle while looking close at the cannon that is now opening like a rose petal and glowing brightly.

"Careful dude!" Amethyst pulls them back as the cannon fires a pink beam of light up and towards the green hand only barely missing Atoms face. "It's Roses light cannon, as you can see it can destroy anything" As Amethyst says that, the laser doesn't even make a scratch on the ship.

Atom looks over at Amethyst with a raised eyebrow. "Well it should've" the two descend the stairs and meet back with the others.

"We'll take them head on" Garnet states "the whole town might be in danger"

"I better make a call" Steven pulls out his phone. "Time for some political favours." As Steven calls the mayor, Atom stares up at the green hand, feeling a slight tingle of fear creep up their spine. They have never seen any other gem apart from the crystal gems so naturally they would fear what ever came out of that ship.

"Are you alright, you seem worried?" Pearl puts a hand on Atoms shoulder trying to steel their nerves.

*warning: fear level rising*

"Definitely worried" They laugh slightly and rub their arms up and down with as nervous tick.

"It's nothing to worry about" Pearl looks up at the green hand ship and then back at Atom. "We have defeated gems way worse than Jasper"

"Jasper? Is that another gem?"

"Bigger and stronger but we will still defeat her, we always do" Pearl has a look of uncertainty etched on her face that goes under Atoms emotional detector.

~~~

Pearl left Atom standing on the beach looking up at the ever approaching hand while the gems back Greg's van for Steven to leave.

"Hey! Great idea dad, you should leave with the rest of the-" As Steven notices his bags being loaded into the van he stops. "Is that my luggage?"

Greg looks over at Pearl. "Who's gonna tell him?" Greg and Pearl look at each other awkwardly before turning to Amethyst.

"Hey! I'm not good at this stuff!" Amethyst turns away and walks towards Atom.

"Hey dude..." She looks up at the bot who is still frozen in place. "Dude?" Atom shakes their head and looks down sheepishly at the gem.

"Sorry, I'm just trying to find some type of weapon systems I can use to help you guys fight"

"Why do you want to fight with us?" Amethyst replies.

"I don't know but it just feels right" As Greg's van drives away, the rest of the gems walk over to the two looking up at the hand ship.

"Let's get to work everyone"