Recall Code

Atom wakes up with a startle. They look around to find themself in an unfamiliar room filled with different floating files and books.

"Oh good, you're finally awake." A figure walks up to Atom, holding a small book and a pencil. "I was wondering when those old systems would kick in."

Atom stares at the figure, trying to make out any features but only sees a fuzzy outline. "I can't see you properly." They squint more but it doesn't work.

"I'm sorry but it is a necessity that I have taken to prevent my exposure." The figure sighs as they close their book. "I have been meaning to contact you for quite some time."

"Then who are you?" Atom questions.

"I don't really remember, it's been that long but I know that I can help you." The figure continues.

"With the Diamonds?"

"Yes, as soon as you meet White Diamond you need to act properly and hope that she doesn't damage you." The figure places a hand on Atoms face. "If everything goes according to the pages then you will be damaged beyond repair."

"What will happen?" Atom moves the figure hand away from their face. "Can't I just repair myself or get one of the gems to help me?"

The figure laughs. "We both know that you won't ask for help from the gems, because you "don't want to bother them.""

"I-" Atom frowns, the figure has a point even if they don't like it.

"Your new friends can help you through it physically but you will have to help yourself mentally." The figure walks away and grabs one of the floating books. "It says here that you can prevent the future from happening if you do what I say."

"What happens in the future?" Atom asks but quickly gets shushed.

"I can't tell." The figure flicks through a couple pages before stopping. "You have to give someone you trust this code for a system shut down and reset to get rid of the virus." The figure rips a page out of the book and hands it to atom.

'X8-94 initiate reset. Authorization code Zeta 90 Velum'

"Will my condition really be that bad for me to have to get a system reset?" Atom stares down at the piece of paper with fear. The words that they hold in their hands can fully reset them, again.

"Yes." The figure takes a deep breath. "You will try and follow White Diamonds mission but that is all I can say!" The figure coves their mouth with both hands.

"Okay, I believe you." They pocket the paper. "So now what do we do?" Atom looks around the seemingly endless space.

"Do you want to see your friends? Back on earth, they really miss you." The figure holds out their hand, waiting for Atom.

"It can't hurt..." They take their hand and instantly get transported to the temple where the gems are seen talking to Steven and Connie.

Steven runs up to Amethyst with a book in hand. "Hey, do you know anything about this thing?"

"Hmm... Steven, you deserve to know the truth. And the truth is... I have no idea what that thing is, I've never seen it before in my life." Amethyst shrugs.

"Excuse me, Amethyst, allow me." Pearl looks at the journal entry. "Uhh... well... It appears to be an illustration in some kind of journal." She lies.

"C'mon, you know what I mean. I had a dream where I saw this thing. Connie and I were wondering if maybe-" Steven continues innocently.

"S-Steven, why don't you and Connie-" Pearl stutters.

Garnet quickly cuts in. "You can't go there!" Everyone looks at Garnet in shock including Atom and the figure.

"Why not?"

Amethyst scoots next to Steven. "Yeah, why not?"

Garnet is hesitant to say anything, and Steven sighs in disappointment as he closes the journal. "I thought you were going to tell me everything from now on."

"Oh, Steven... We..." Pearl stops herself.

"Does this have anything to do with Pink Diamond? I already know Mom shattered her, so what is it about this that you can't tell me?" Steven starts to get aggravated causingAtom to walk over to the boy and try to comfort him but their hand just goes through him.

Pearl covers her mouth in sorrow and glances over to Garnet. "Please, you're making Pearl very upset."

"NO! I'm very upset!" Steven shouts.

Connie and Amethyst exchange worried glances as they backs away from the heated conversation. Atom walks towards Amethyst and try's to push her, becoming surprised when they push her gem and she moves forward.

"We're. Not. Going. Rose never wanted you to see this place." Garnet states with purpose.

"Rose wanted- " Steven starts to get more  angry. "Urgh!- WHAT ABOUT WHAT I WANT? I'm sick of everyone lying to me! Rose is my mom, out of anyone, DON'T I DESERVE TO KNOW THE TRUTH?!" He shouts.

"I'm sorry... I- I shouldn't have brought the book." Connie says.

"Yes you should've brought it. It's lucky something has some information that I don't have to GET OUT OF THEM!!!!" Steven yells causing everyone in the room to be taken aback by surprise. "Connie, I need to borrow this book"

"Okay, just be careful. I gotta return it to the library in a week." Connie shows him a small smile.

"Thanks" and with that Steven walks out of the beach house.

"I didn't know that that would happen in my absence, seems as if Steven and I have similar goals." Atom frowns.

"You can restart your systems now, I believe that the Peridot has finally fixed you up." The figure snaps their fingers, causing the room that the two were in previously to reappear.

"Oh right, Blue diamond..." Atom mumbles.

"Hey." The figure walks over to Atom and places their hands onto Atoms shoulders. "You will be fine, everything will go according to plan."

"You better be telling me the truth." Atom warns but doesn't move away from the figure.

"Yeah, yeah." The figure chuckles. "Now run off!" The figure flicks Atom's forehead. "You have places to be!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~