Buddies Book

"Atommmmm!" Steven happily runs over and hugs the aforementioned robot that has only just walked through the door of his house. Wearing their old stitched up hoodie.

"Hello Steven." They smile down at the boy as her drags the bot towards his friend, Connie and his pet lion, Lion.

"Are you ready for our super duper exciting trip to the library?" He asks.

"Of course but I do have to say, I have never been to a library." They state.

Connie quickly reassures Atom. "Don't worry I can show you two how to act in a library." She stares proudly as Steven agrees with her and Atom gives the two a thumbs up.

"Shall we go then?" Steven, Connie and Atom all sit on lions back making the feline growl slightly but he stands up anyways. Lion roans and jumps through the portal causing Atom to grip tighter on the lions fur as Steven and Connie cheer in excitement, until the trio land in the parking lot of the library.

"Great job parking, Lion!" Connie says as Steven helps her off the big cat while Atom opts to slides off of its back.

"Eh. It's a little crooked." Steven jokes making Lion growl softly at the boy. "Never mind. It's perfect!"

"Is Lion gonna be okay parked out here?" Atom asks, surely someone would report a large pink lion right?

"Oh, yeah. Uh, I just gotta lock him up." Steven pats Lion's back. "Boop-boop. "Don't worry. He's not going anywhere."

Lions walks off as Steven, Connie and Atom walk towards Buddwick Public Library.

"I still can't believe this'll be both of your first time inside of a library." Connie marvels at the possibility that these two have never been into a library before today.

"Why?" Steven asks as Atom is looking around the library.

"Because libraries are full of your favorite thing." Connie says as Steven gazes around the library with glee.

"BOOOOOKS!!" Steven gasps before being shushed by the librarian. Steven then whispers instead. "Boooooks."

Steven and Connie walk to a table, with Connie carrying three thick educational books as Atom walks straight to the technology and history section of the library.

"All right. Time to beat these books." Connie states making Steven confused.

"Ah. What did they do to you?" He asks.

"I'm mainly trying to get a head-start on seventh grade. We'll be covering a lot of new stuff, so..." she places the books on the table. "I just want to be prepared."

"Can't you just use your phone to look stuff up?"

Connie sighs. "Last time I relied on the Internet for info, I ended up writing a very, uh... erroneous paper about raccoons having heat-vision."

"Raccoons have heat-vision!?" Steven shouts earning another shush from the librarian.

"You should take a look around while I get started. There's tons of stuff here I'm sure you'll love."

Steven nods and walks off into the towering shelves stocked with all types of books. Ranging from mystery to science, one could get lost in a library for a life time.

During his search, Steven finds Atom holding onto a leather bound book and flipping through the pages. "Atom!" He gets shushed again. "Atom." The robot turns to see the boy.

"Hello Stevo." Atom closes the book. "How can I help you?"

"Well, what book did you find?" He points to said book in Atoms hand.