Korea

It's the dead of the night as Lapis and Peridot have been trying out sleeping. Atom is in their remade battle armour and new helmet as they are preparing a small trip to Korea.

They have their light jet in hand and a bag filled with portable charger just in case they run out of battery on their search.

Just as they're about to leave they quickly turn back and write a note saying this-

"Dear Friends,
I might be gone for a while but don't worry because I will be back 100%.
I found something in a book and I wanted to check it out.
I will be gone for a week at most so have fun.
-signed Atom"

They pin it to the wooden outside of the barn and with one final look back at Lapis and Peridot asleep, they take a running start and open up the baton, making their light jet spring to life and send them flying into the sky.

~~~

It's been two days since Atom first took flight and they were already a good portion aways there. As they were flying across the ocean they saw many different animals and fish like dolphins and swordfish!

At one point they almost got shot down by an army boat but they just flew past it without a second glance.

At the first sight of land Atom dismounts their jet and quickly lands, much more gracefully then the first time with Lapis. Lapis...

Atom could definitely admit that they missed their friends back at beach city even though they have only been gone for a short period of time. They missed Lapis, when the two would star gaze. They missed Peridot and her constant technologically advanced mind. They missed Steven and Amethyst because of their friendly attitude towards the robot. They even missed Garnet and her ability to give great advice or Pearls constant worry for their safety when they would run their crazy tests but Atom had to keep going forward or else they wouldn't be able to get rid of their itch.

As they push past the plants and other fauna, Atom finally finds what they were looking for. The big and overgrown pink palanquin that once belonged to Pink Diamond, but it looks less overgrown and blue?

They go to walk up to the palanquin but stop when they hear the muffled sound of someone crying.

Against their better judgment, Atom follows the sound of the crying to find a massive figure dressed in blue hunched over the pink palanquin.

Atom instantly hides behind the first bush they find and deactivates their armour, pulling their hoodie up to hide their face, accidentally stepping on a stick and breaking it causing a smaller gem to reveal herself from behind the big blue figure.

"Pearl what was that?" The figure asks the blue Pearl.

"I will go and investigate my diamond." The Pearl walks over to the bush that Atom is hiding behind and peers over said bush, instantly finding the poor robot.

Atom looks up at the blue Pearl in fear as the two make eye contact. "There seems to be a local hiding behind the bushes, my Diamond." Atom silently curses to themself for being found out.

"Bring it to me." Blue Pearl looks back at Atom who reluctantly stands up and follows the Pearl until the two stop just in front of the figure.

The figure pulls back her hood and gazes down at Atom with curiosity, they notice a big blue gem in the middle of her chest. "I didn't know that humans evolved so quickly so have such interesting hands." Atom moves their hands into their pockets while trying to not make too much of a fuss.

"A-are you alright?" They ask, not wanting to seem rude to someone who could easily crush them. "You sounded like you were crying."

The gem sighs. "I lost someone very close to me and I came back here to mourn." Atoms eyes widen from underneath their hood.

"That must be terrible..." Atom tries to look around for an escape but doesn't find any. "Having to come back here to mourn over that persons death."

"It's true, when ever I come her I am always reminded of her..." The blue gem sniffles again.

"Well, try to remind yourself about the good times you had with her instead of loosing her." They hold their baton in their hoodie pocket just in case this goes south. "Try to remember everything about her that makes you happy."

She looks down at Atom with surprise. "That is good advice, I'm surprised that a human such as yourself is that good at giving advice." Atom let's go of the baton for a moment.

"There's a geo-weapon incubating in your planet that will destroy everything shortly. But you don't deserve that, do you?" The gem says making Atom take a small step back.

"What?" Atom looks up and sees a blue hand outstretched, grabbing them. "Hey! Wait just a minute!" But she doesn't hear them.

With all of the commotion Atoms hood falls off and as the gem looks down at them, she stops the abduction and holds opens her hand for Atom to sit on.

"You are alive?" She looks down in shock at the equally shocked Atom. "That's impossible, after all of these years you are alive?!" The blue gem looks down at Atom with her Pearl showing an ounce of surprise.

"Do you know me?" Atom is taken aback with the sudden shift in personalities with the blue gem.

"...yes." She laughs causing Atom to become more confused. "I hope I would know you since I helped create you."

"You're saying that you created me?" Atom panics as a warning sign comes across their screen.

*warning: servos overload* system shut down *

Atom falls to their side making Blue diamond worry. "Pearl, ready my ship." Her Pearl nods and pulls up a screen causing a massive blue hand ship to appear from behind the clouds. "Where is the closest planet with working Peridots?"

"It seems to not be a planet my Diamond, it's your human zoo." Pearl states.

"Then we shall go there then."

~~~