Chapter 2

A week later, Choi Han's group still looking for a way to save Pendrick. His wounds we're severe, with skin that is paler and with weak breath. He looks like he will die soon.

If not for the mysterious person, Pendrick already been dead in the Elf Village.

The group stay in the Crown Prince's residence to recuperate. It's already been a week but Pendrick shows no signs of recovery. This shows the atmosphere around the room turn worse as day passing by.

Rosalyn checked the injured elf, with Choi Han and Lock besides her.

After checking him, she shook her head, with face still grim as she spoke,

"There's still no signs of recovery. His health getting worse day by day. If not for the mysterious person for preserving his life…"

She stop before she speaks further. They already been grateful to the mysterious person who saves Pendrick and preserving his life much longer.

"If only we could contact him…" Choi Han clench his fist in frustration. He almost caught the mysterious person if not for the unknown pressure that stops him and his group for a second.

After all, they know.

That mysterious person is the only one that can save Pendrick from the brink of death.

The door open with a great force. The excommunicate priest enter and look at the group with face full of tired and irritation. Ron and Beacrox followed her behind.

"Goddamit! Stop whining already, you motherfucking God of Death!" Cage cursing around still clenching her head in annoyance.

She already wanted to kick the God right now. But now, there's a priority of business to do first.

Choi Han asked, "Is the God of Death say something?"

"Yes, he is." She nod before she continue, "Go to the northeast and seek permission to the Henituse County. Stay in the Villa near the Forest of Darkness."

"With your presence, the mysterious person have no choice but to help you."

Silence unfold the entire room. Rosalyn analyse what the God of Death said,

'Henituse. Forest of Darkness. The mysterious person…Is there any connection between them?'

She then look at Ron and Beacrox. Everyone knows that both fearsome father and son duo we're once work there before. And the reason for them to leave is to lure the enemies to protect the county.

Ron chuckles before he said, "It seems like we're going back."

Beacrox knows that his father, and also himself, misses the people in the Henituse County. Especially the trash Cale Henituse, they care for him even he acts as trash.

Choi Han may be hostile at the eldest son of Henituse. For the sake to save Pendrick, his hatred towards Cale will set aside.

Everyone has decided…they will go.
____________________________________________________________________________

"Try it."

A large plate full of meatballs and a bowl of sauce that is made of melted cheese with greens place on the table in front of the average 9-year-old kids and Geno.

Of course, the one who cook these delicious meatballs is Cale. He took off the apron and wash his hands before he sits on the table to join in.

Looking at the pile of meatballs, he remember, just a while ago…

……

Cale sit down in the window reading the books just as Geno appeared with Rain besides him. He hold something big on his shoulder, and that makes Cale frown.

It was a Buffalo that is much bigger than Geno himself. It's neck was cleanly cut off with blood leak out. Cale asked out,

"…What is that?"

"It's a Buffalo, sir."

"I know it's a Buffalo. What I mean is to why you brought it here?"

"Human, we hunt it for you."

Raon spoke towards him instead. Cale confused.

"For me?"

"Yes!" He nodded, "It's for you to cook it for us. We want meatballs!"

Meow!

Meow!

Two cats agreed to the youngest. Cale complains,

"Why don't you asked the chef? I want to be laze around and read my books!"

"You promise you will be our cook once a day!" On said.

"Yeah! And we like your cooking more!" Hong agreed to his sister.

Cale feel helpless towards the children. Geno skillfully hides his laughter when he saw this scene bickering between the children and the guardian.

And time passed, Cale gave up. He cook them with a lot of meatballs using the Buffalo that Geno and Raon hunted with cheese sauce. Of course, they help him too.

……

Looking at the children plus the Butler enjoying the meatballs he cooked, he swear to not cook them again.

Well, he always swears to not cook but still he cooks them.

Nonetheless, he even willing to abandon his precious slacker life for a short moment just for the kids. And a certain being with a neutral voice grumbles.

[[Seeing you guys eating meatballs makes me hungry…]]

'You're a God. Why don't you make yours?'

[[Then I'll have squid balls instead. There's many squids and octopus swimming around everywhere anyway.]]

Then it went silent. Everyone enjoying eating alone in the kitchen without knowing that Choi Han's group will arrive today. Just enjoying their time in the morning without knowing the chaos around the county.