Chapter 11

A being, or certainly, a woman, greets them.

It was a woman with crown-like golden-black horns with two pairs of small white wings on each sides of the head. The clothes she wear are plain and simple, but something exaggerated.

As if, the universe was her veil to cover her face, as if covering the secrets, inside is only plain white light to light inside. With the plain slender gown as if made of light and darkness itself.

She just standing still under the tree, but for Eruhaben and Raon, who are dragons themselves and sometimes interacts to the Gods, baffled at the woman's suddenly appearance.

First, they never feel her presence, as if she never existed. And second, since when?

The sudden pull of his group makes Cale baffled to sudden situation. They protect him from behind, and only he look at them with weird expression.

"…Why are you guys pulling me behind?"

"Human, that woman is dangerous!"

"We're protecting you as you are weak!"

"Noona is right!"

The children respond to his question.

"Even I live for 1,000 years, I still can't detect there's someone here." Eruhaben said, protecting the children and Cale from behind.

The way they protect Cale makes him speechless. Muttering in silent, "…Are you guys trying to throw your lives away?"

Of course, they hear him muttering. They shifted towards Cale, makes him flinched.

"Human, you're the one who's throwing your lives."

"What do you mean?" He's completely dumbfounded to Raon's sudden comment.

'Throwing my lives away? How would I dare to throw my precious life as my dream as a slacker still unfulfilled?' Cale scoff in thought.

"Don't worry." He put his hand on Raon's black hair, "That's the God who supervise the test."

[[Supervise to prevent suicidal ways, you mean.]] The woman, or the unknown God, sneer.

A sudden shiver occurs at Cale when he saw Eruhaben and the kids look at him viciously. But he ignore it. He pass them by, On tried to stop her guardian but she stop midway, letting Cale pass them until he reach to the unknown God.

"Here's the veil." He pass the veil towards her. Her white hand turn to transparent hand once leave inside the veil, she took it.

Once reach in her hand, the veil that seems to be maid of silk and thread shatters like fine glass. The fragments didn't fall, it stays floated in her hand.

[[Touch the tree in front of you to begin the 5th test.]] She said in neutrality, [[This time, the 5th stage is special. It is important power and also the most dangerous to hold.]]

[[Once you begin, there's no turning back.]]

Cale thought for a moment. He look at his group who is worried at him, especially the children. Then he look back at the unknown God.

He ask the question that bothers him the most, "You said that I will bring some people this time. But…why?"

[[You will know soon.]]

"…You always being mysterious." He clicked his tongue before he look back at the group, "Take care of the kids while I'm taking the test."

Eruhaben look at the Stoic Cale before he sigh, "…Unlucky bastard."