Solace

Another hit, another stagger of her step as Y/N flinched away, grasping desperately at her arm now, clutching onto the open wound in an attempt to stall the bleeding.

Fuck. This isn't good.

Strained eyes tiredly surveyed the area beyond, squinting harshly through the dirt and blood that clouded her vision as she attempted to count the numerous enemies surrounding her.

Cursing herself under her breath, she steeled her nerves, knowing she couldn't run now, but the odds were horridly stacked against her.

Being a vision bearer had usually given her the upper hand in most fights, but it just wasn't enough this time. These abyss mages and the like were far stronger and more versed than any she'd seen before in her travels, and she'd even ventured to Inazuma before. It didn't make sense, and she'd exerted far too much of her energy and lost quite a dizzying amount of blood, there was no way she could continue.

Maybe I should have listened. They'd always warned me not to go exploring at night, but I just wanted some fresh air... now, this is likely my end.

Shaking her head with a smirk on her face, she silently accepted her fate. She'd never been one to give in easily and had always evaded death stubbornly somehow, but logic didn't light up a path for her this time, she was all out of dice.

Liyue. I'm going to die in a field in the middle of Liyue. What a lame way to go out.

Her violet Vision flickered violently on her hip as she took another step back, something she'd never seen it do before in all her years, and she'd gotten the thing back when she was a kid.

My light is literally fading.

Backing further into the corner she'd been pushed into by the mob of enemies, she said a silent prayer, praying over her little brother and friends, for their safety and happiness even though she wouldn't be there to see it.

And she'd been looking forward to eventually meeting that famous traveler from Mondstadt that she'd heard so much about. So much for that, it being now nothing more than a fading dream.

The metallic scent nauseated her, adding to her already increasing dizziness as she slouched her back against the rock wall behind her, finally giving in.

This is my deathbed.

Closing her eyes, she bit her lip, patiently awaiting death as she tried her best to hold back her tears, knowing they would simply fall on deaf ears anyway and she might as well at least perish with her dignity intact.

A chilling wind gently caressed her skin, causing goosebumps to erupt across her arms and legs, her body shivering involuntarily as a single tear slid down her face.

The pain was almost crippling, cold biting at her exposed skin as a hysterical scream erupted some ways in front of her, her eyes flying open in surprise.

Blinking away the debris, she rubbed the back of her free hand across her eyes, being careful not to smear more blood and cloud her vision worse as her gaze focused on a slim and somewhat short figure off a few feet away from her.

His booted foot was now on the back of a dead abyss mage, a long jade-colored spear embedded in its spine as he yanked on the handle, easily pulling it free.

The wounded girl couldn't help but gaze in awe, almost hexed but this man's presences alone. The figure before her certainly didn't feel human, and almost as if he read her thoughts, his head turned to the side, one eye gazing back to cast her a quick look over his shoulder.