Eternal Blue

"Your ex is here."

Not exactly the words (Y/N) thought she would hear when coming into work today, and the sentence made her entire body freeze.

Looking like a fish out of water, her friend now eyed her outfit, looking her up and down with a satisfied smile.

"What a day to dress like that too! You look so good, girlie!"

(Y/N) worked at Diluc's bar as a bartender, and the dress code was thankfully pretty loose.

"Don't look so glum! I've got your back." Her friend nudged her with her elbow, trying to cheer her up.

The break up had been pretty messy.

It was only a few days ago, but the two hadn't spoken since, and the last conversation definitely hadn't been a pleasant one.

Xiao was more or less your typical fuck-boy, yet (Y/N) couldn't help but be attached to his hip.

She'd spent most of her time crying as of late, just confused and frustrated by it all.

(Y/N) was far too sweet and innocent to be with a guy like Xiao, and her friends often tried talking her into just letting him go and moving on, saying she deserved better, but it just wasn't that simple.

A deep exhale was her only response, unsure of what to even reply to something like that. It didn't matter if she was all dressed up and cute today, Xiao would probably still ignore her either way.

"Just relaxxxxxx. He'll be practically drooling over you, just you watch!" At least her friend was a hype man, right?

Not that it really helped steel her nerves, but she appreciated the effort regardless.

(Y/N) had put her things away into her own personal work locker, taking a deep breath as she shut and locked the container, turning back to face her friend with a nervous smile.

"Thank you for telling me."

—————————————————————

Oh god, he's right there.

(Y/N) had walked out of the back room and out into the main area of the bar, saying a quick hello to a couple friends, only to accidentally lock eyes with one of Xiao's friends. She quickly realized that Xiao was with him, and she made sure to advert her gaze before his friend could tell Xiao and catch her watching.

Her nerves immediately sky rocketed, butterflies going crazy in her stomach as she tried her best to greet some of the customers sitting at the bar and act like she hadn't even noticed the boys.

She needed to act aloof and uninterested, as if she didn't care at all. Thankfully, the atmosphere of the of the bar was always lively and made a good distraction, so she quickly got lost in the wide array of conversations and long list of drinks to make.

Although (Y/N) was almost the polar opposite of Xiao, she wasn't very shy or socially awkward. Sure, she was a more quiet girl, but she never had an issue holding a conversation and she enjoyed the company of others, so the life of a bartender suited her well.

The occasional drunk would make a scene, of course, but it was nothing Diluc or some of the other male employees couldn't handle, so she always felt safe in her workplace as well.

"My head is haunting me and my heart feels like a ghost.
I need to feel something cause I'm still so far from home.
Cross your heart and hope to die.
Promise me you'll never leave my side.