Sweetly Broken 🍋

Trigger warning: forced actions, physical/ mental abuse, non consensual
PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER IF ANY OF THESE CAN POSSIBLY NEGATIVELY EFFECT YOU.

The creaking of old wood shattered the silence of the night, also disturbing (Y/N) from her peaceful sleep as she sat up groggily in her bed, a hand rubbing at her eyes in an attempt to clear her blurred vision to have a look around.

She'd been resting at the Wangshu Inn or for the past few months now, just usually in a different room- Xiao's room- until tonight that is.

Whistling wind nipped at her ears, an irritating noise as she realized her window must have gotten knocked open because of the storm brewing outside, the winds having been howling earlier before she had gone to bed, now only worsening with its approach.

Exhaling deeply, the girl stood to her feet as she stifled a yawn, wanting nothing more than to fall back into the warm arms of sleep and the peace that came along with it, not wanting to remember even one single moment of the previous day.

Groggily, she'd stumbled across her room, nearly tripping over her previously discarded day attire that she'd tossed so haphazardly onto the floor earlier.

Finally nearing the window, she proceeded to slam it shut as hard as she could, making sure the lock was engaged this time as she fought back another yawn, swiveling around to head back to her bed when a soft squeal escaped her lips.

"Fuck!" She yelled out on accident, a hand immediately flying to her chest to rest on her racing heart as she looked away with a frown.

"I told you to leave me alone." (Y/N) sighed, irritation clear in her tone as she refused to make eye contact with her amber-eyed intruder.

"Really? You snuck in through my window?" She spoke again after moments of silence, trying to lace her voice with as much venom as possible, making sure he knew her anger was far from gone even still.

"You thought Verr wouldn't tell me what room you switched to?" Xiao's voice came out flat, almost sounding bored as he simply stood, back leaned against the wall near the door of her room, arms crossed casually across his chest, not a hint of emotion in sight.

He always had been a professional at dodging questions and saying the least possible in any given situation, and it got under her skin every single time.

"You thought I wouldn't notice all your wayward glances at Ganyu? Do you think I'm that dense?" (Y/N) spat back angrily, not even remotely in the mood for more of his games.

"How many times must I tell you that she's nothing more than another one of the Adepti? No offense intended, but if I'd been interested in Ganyu, I wouldn't have waited almost 2 millennia and gotten into another relationship. You're speaking nonsense."

Was that a hint of emotion, finally? It only took almost an entire day of arguing or (Y/N) just simply walking away anytime he tried to talk to her about the matter.

"She's an Adeptus, I get it. And I'm nothing more than some lowly, irritating mortal, right?" (Y/N) crossed her arms across her chest with a raise of an eyebrow as she glared daggers toward the man, as if it effected him in the slightest anyway.

"Stop acting like a child, (Y/N). Running away from your problems will never solve anything. Let's actually talk about things and let me explain for once, and maybe you'll see-"

"Fine- you won't leave? Then I will." (Y/N) cut him off abruptly, far too hot-headed and fired up to bother listening to another word he spoke as she swiveled around toward the door, ready to waltz out in her night clothes like she owned the entire damn inn.