Eternal Blue (Part 2) 🍋

Stupid, stupid stupid.

How dare he?

(Y/N) was naked, laying back and trying to relax in a bath of warm and soapy water, hoping it would distract her from her thoughts, but she only found herself getting more mad.

Her eyes wandering to where his hoodie lay folded neatly on the counter nearby, the meer sight making her mad all over again.

She was definitely going through the stages of grief, that was for sure.

Why did you get so heartbroken when he took that knife, though?

She hated how her own mind questioned her, making her doubt her true feelings.

Because it was all you had left of him and he took it. You were still holding on.

And sure, now you could say she had his hoodie, but that wasn't the point. That knife was special to her. It was technically the first gift he'd ever given her, and it was one of his own, not one he went out and bought for her. The trinket had history, it had sentimental value, it was special to Xiao, which made it even more special to her.

And he took it.

Just like he took everything else.

"You know what?" (Y/N) huffed angrily, holding onto the edges of the tub to help herself up.

I'm going. And I'll yell back this time- tell him all about himself. Give him a taste of his own medicine, see how he would like that.

In a hurry, the girl cast a quick glance at the clock before drying off with a clean towel and throwing on a black pair of yoga pants and just Xiao's hoodie before. Adrenaline pumped through her veins again, willing her own as she grabbed her keys again, locked her door and set off on a brisk walk to Xiao's nearby apartment.

She was exhausted, and heartbroken, and overwhelmed, but she didn't care. This needed to be done.

And before she knew it, she was at his door, knuckles knocking roughly against the wood as she practically brooded, waiting with a glare on her face until the door finally opened.

Xiao's eyes actually widened ever so slightly before quickly returning to normal, hoping she hadn't noticed.

He honestly hadn't expected her to come, and definitely not with such an angry look on her face.

"So you showed after all." Xiao mused flatly, eyeing the girl's very different demeanor, even seeing the tells of her body language with her hands shoved in the pockets of his hoodie.

(Y/N) just simply side-eyed him, her gaze sharp enough to chip through obsidian.

Stepping to the side, Xiao nodded his head toward the direction behind him, gesturing for her to come in and out of the light rain that had just started.

With an irritated huff, the girl breezed past him into the familiar abode, the smell alone almost crumbling her bravado on the spot. She loved how Xiao smelled, faintly of the forest with a hint of almonds, and his apartment always smelled like it to. It had become somewhat of a comfort to her, but she pushed those thoughts aside, coming to stand in the middle of his living room as she waited for him to shut the door and join her.

What was she even supposed to say? Now that she was here, the words weren't coming to her like before, and she found herself not even wanting to speak them. It's like her anger had crumbled all over again.

Refusing to look at him, her eyes finally dared gaze at whatever he'd had extended out to her in his hand once he'd finally come in to join her.

Her eyes watered again at the sight before she quickly blinked the tears away, praying he didn't notice as she gently took the knife back, slipping it into the pocket of his hoodie again as she ran her fingers across the smooth hilt.