Change of Heart (Modern Vision Bearer AU) 🍋

( ˘⌣˘)♡(˘⌣˘ )

"Are you almost ready?" The familiar voice rang through (Y/N's) ears, almost nearly passing straight through one ear and out the other before she had to stop what she was doing to turn & focus on the source of the noise, vaguely remembering what was even spoken.

"Uh- yeah. Almost." She replied, her mind clearly elsewhere as she turned back to the pile of clothes she'd been previously searching vigorously through.

"What are you looking for, girl?"

Although she was a vision bearer, you wouldn't really be able to tell at first glance. She had a bad habit of being clumsy and forgetful. You'd swear she'd lose her own head if it wasn't attached to her shoulders.

(Y/N's) crew mate-and also best friend- Ganyu had come over to stand next to her by this time, clearly noticing the pattern as her frantic eyes kept searching for her newest lost item.

"We're going to be late for the show at this rate." She gave a cheerful laugh as her calm hands began rummaging through another pile near (Y/N), making sure to let her friend know that she wasn't chastising her for being an absolute clutz and losing another important item yet again.

"I know, I'm sorry." A exhausted sigh escaped (Y/N's) plump lips as she threw her hands in the air in annoyance, mainly at herself.

While the two girls were both vision bearers, they were also apart of some dance and performance groups around the city, doing all sorts of introcate dances, singing, playing instruments, the whole nine yards.

There was no denying the obvious, they enjoyed being in the spotlight and they were damn good despite all those curious eyes watching their every move. Saying they were good under pressure was a huge understatement.

Coincidentally, the girls had a performance this very day. Thankfully, it was hosted fairly close by, so they still had some time to find the last piece of (Y/N's) costume they'd been so desperately searching for.

"I've looked through everything!" (Y/N) groaned in annoyance, feeling her anxiety rise higher as she frantically tossed around articles of other costumes.

"It's not here. There's no way. I have looked through EVERY part of my closet!" Standing to her feet, she furrowed her eyebrows as she glanced over at her friend, defeat clear in her facial expression.

"Well.... did you bring it home to your apartment? Maybe you left it there on accident. Or in your car? Or-"

Pressing her mouth together in a hard line, (Y/N) stared back at Ganyu blankly, causing the girl's sentence to drift off in confusion as the realization now becoming very clear to (Y/N).

"What?" Ganyu questioned after a few solid seconds of silence, standing to her feet as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"I- I might.... have left it in Xiao's office." (Y/N) admitted sheepishly, her gaze faltering and dropping to the floor as soon as she saw the judgement cross her friend's face.

"I thought you weren't into Xiao like that, hm?" Ganyu prodded, nudging (Y/N) with her elbow playfully as she smirked, noticing the annoyed blush forming on (Y/N's) cheeks as she poked her fun at the other girl.

"Ganyu- please! I'm not! I'll have you know, I went over there earlier just to talk to him, thank you very much!" (Y/N) stuttered through her words, feeling her hands begin to clam up with heat as she clenched them awkwardly at her sides.

"You don't have to cover it up, you know you can tell me anything!" Ganyu gave a hearty laugh as she leaned back against the wall nearby, deciding to ease up a bit on her teasing, knowing better than to get (Y/N) riled up right before a show.