Cut Too Deep[part40]

Oddly, Missy didnt return to the top of the food chain. Instead Kimberly took reign over the social ladder. Missy actually said she liked where she was and that she hadn't been happier to be at the bottom. She said she could be herself, unlike if she was Mrs. Popular Cheerleader like she normally was.

"Hi." I say shyly 

"Hi." he said.

Then silence.

"I missed you." I turn to see his reaction. He just stares at the computer in front of him. the corners of his mouth creep up a little bit but not enough to classify it as a smile or even a smirk for that matter.

"Oh, really?"
"Yeah. really."

Another pause.

"Look, I'm sorry. I guess the popularity and things got to me. I never meant to hurt you or anyone else. I dont know what you've heard, but I am still the silly ol genuine Ellen that you know and love or loved.  If we could go back to how we were, as best friends, I would love that. It's fine if you dont want to. I was a totally douche bag. I mean you were drunk and you did nothing but treat me with the utter most respect. Itw as just one time i should have forgave. Plus I miss Danny. Sorry to ramble, but i just wanted to apologize." I say looking at my fingers in my lap.

He doesn't move or say anything for thirty seconds. Then he opens his mouth.

"Love."

"W-what?" I was confused.

"I still love you. Not loved, but love. Still." he says looking at me intently. I stare back and fall into his shoulder/chest. I knew all was forgiven. He smelled so nice and he was so warm. That big heart of his pounding so gently beneath his shirt.

"Are you and Missy still seeing each other?"

"Naw."
"What happened?"
"I dont know. She just floated off to some other dudes. It's fine, she didn't really matter that much to me. Not as much as you do anyways."
"I dont know why you do this Justin. Why you let me treat you like shit then you just forgive me so easily."
"Didn't you hear what I said? I still love you. You can treat me like the most utter shit, and I will still love you."

"You wont have to worry about that though. I promise to love you just as much as you love me."

"I'm sticking that to you Ellen. You better not break my heart again. You know I cried for a week straight. Yeah. You really hurt me. I couldnt believe it. MY Ellen was gone. I haven't touched a drip of alcohol since. "