Cut Too Deep[part32]

Twenty long, boring minutes passed before I arrived at school. I was a little scared to go inside all by myself so instead I shot Tasha, Sarah, and Zella a text.

“Hey can I like walk in with you guys?” I asked.

Not even five seconds later did I get a response from all three.

“Sure(: Not ready yet huh? Its okay just think about tonight how everything is going to fall into place” Sarah replied with a comforting message.

“Guuurrrlll wat da hell? No. Wat I luk lik wlkin n wit a junior. Piss off, we can tlk lata just not n da morning u no dat!” Tasha sent.

Ouch. That kind of hurt. But I guess she was right, seniors never walk in with anybody but their clique and if they bring someone new then that would be the topic of conversation for the rest of the day. But maybe I wanted to be the topic of conversation. Hmm. So far its one against one, it seems like Zella’s response was the tie breaker.

Trembling I opened her text.

“Totalli! Ur like awesum nowwww! Like seriously. C u in like 3 min. Sarah drives lik a grandmum!”

I sighed in relief and waited in the parking lot. I should have known that they were all in the car together, they never leave each others side.

Finally they pull up in Sarah’s beautiful BMW and climb out. They looked so pretty and perfect, like everything aligned, just like Barbie dolls.

“Dude, what did I say? I said I didn’t want to walk with her plus look how she’s dressed?!” Tasha complained clanking down the sidewalk.

“Wh-whats wrong with what I have on? You picked it out!” I countered.

“Nothing.” Sarah assured

“Everything! You look totally hot and will most definitely outshine me!” Tasha confused. I was stunned I never expected her to say something like that.

“Uhm thanks.” I stuttered.

“Whatever I’m going around the side entrance that way all spot light will be on me. Bye bitches” she blew a kiss and disappeared around the fenced gate to the other side of the building. To be honest Tasha was a bit up herself, but no one ever tell her that unless they wanted to get their face pounded in.

Sarah was walking in front of me and Zella and we were behind her kind of in a triangle formation.

Click, click, click. With each pounding of my heels I got more and more in the zone. Just breathe. I told myself. Everything was going to be fine. There are only two ways this could turn out. One everyone falls head over heels for me and my life will be absolutely wonderful. Or it can go all wrong and people make fun of me instead and Zella and Sarah ditch me because its embarrassing to be around someone like me.

Shaking the negative outcome from my brain, I realized that we were about to enter THE Senior hallway. My body went back to that trembling thing again. Never, EVER had their been a time for the three years I have been at Caliborne High that someone who wasn’t in the twelfth grade enter in with twelfth graders. Now you could meet up after they made their entrance but never during. Sarah and her crew must really think im cool to allow me to go in with them.

Three.

                        Two.

                                                One.

                                                            Showtime

You know those movies when the most popular and pretty girl in school opens the door and then all of sudden this huge gust of wind comes from now where causing her hair to fly around her in all the right places? She is so pretty that the whole school stops and stares at her in awe and for a good ten seconds everyone just stares at her because they trapped under her spell of love. Well that’s how it was when we walked into the building. At least for Sarah and Zella. But for me it was awkward and weird. First of all I didn’t know you were suppose to stand there and just let the wind hit you, I started walking past them like an idiot. Once I realized that we weren’t suppose to be moving, I scuttled back to my position behind Sarah. The doors closed and the buzz of peoples voices refilled the room this time in hushed whispers. I knew it was about me because I could hear as we were walking people talking.